- door Firefox-gebruiker 15613985, 2 maanden geledenWaardering: 1 van 5This addon stablishes connection with google and amazon without any warning to user
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar2 maanden geleden geplaatstKeePassXC-Browser does not establish connections to either Google or Amazon. What you are seeing is most likely this: https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc-browser/issues/100
Firefox has a habit of forking native messaging processes without dropping previously established connections first, so it looks like the new process holds connections to other servers, when it fact it doesn't. That is a Firefox bug and nothing we can fix.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 17086033, 3 maanden geledenWaardering: 1 van 5This addon works by connecting to the KeepassXC program and filling login fields with the passwords from the Keepass vault.
It works extremely poorly for a number of reasons:
First: It does not reliably connect to the KeepassXC program. It will occasionally disconnect and require you to restart KeepassXC before connecting again.
Second: The password fill feature fails far more often than it works. I would estimate that I can only successfully fill password forms on 5 to 10% of the websites I visit.
Third: When the auto-fill feature does work, it is frequently followed by an erroneous "your password has changed" prompt asking if you want to create a new entry for the site you literally just filled in.
Fourth: The user interface is minimalist to a fault. You are given no indication as to why the program cannot or will not fill the password fields. Is it because it doesn't think I have a password for the domain? Has it lost the connection? Is there some invisible blocking me from clicking on the password icon? There is no way to tell, the addin simply doesn't respond.
I am using KeepassXC 2.6.6 and browser extension version 220.127.116.11
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar3 maanden geleden geplaatstThank you for the feedback. If any of these issues are not solved, please open a ticket at GitHub.
First: This sounds like the keepassxc-proxy that is transferring the messages between the extension and KeePassXC is shutdown. This might be due to anti-virus software or some other process that interferes with it. The next time this happens, check if the process is running.
Second: Please use as simple URL's as possible in your entries. If the site you're using is for example https://loginpage.example.com/login/something?yes=no, the best entry URL for this kind of page is https://loginpage.example.com/login/, https://loginpage.example.com (or just https://example.com).
Third: This means even after filling it doesn't regognize an entry from that page. Verify the page and entry URL again.
Fourth: Yes. It's very minimal. Notifications on why the filling doesn't work needs to be added so there's some indication to the user why nothing happens. If you've lost the connection totally, the icon should be gray with and X (or gray with a lock icon if database is closed).
- door Firefox-gebruiker 17081499, 3 maanden geledenWaardering: 1 van 5Doesn't do anything expected such as aid or simplify autofill of names and passwords. The concept is quite convoluted when it comes to setup and configuring. Might want to start from scratch or just focus on perfecting the software and forget the addon if you can't get it to work.
- door Arktor, 7 maanden geledenWaardering: 1 van 5The login/password is almost never auto-filled by this extension in websites login/password fields. It works only on a very few sites (like Paypal for example).
I tried with the snap version, and the ppa version of KeepassXC, I got the latest version of it, ran the script when needed, nothing worked.
Keepass2 with Kee extension works perfectly on every webpage, so I went back to it. Shame because the installation of keepass2 with mono on linux is a pain, compared to the simple snap install of KeepassXC.
- door Hugojburg, één jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5No matter how many times I click on the add database button it will not work, rendering the Add-On uselessDid you mean the "Connect" button? Please check the Troubleshooting Guide at https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc-browser/wiki/Troubleshooting-guide or make a new GitHub issue if the problem is not solved. Thanks.
- door Loky, één jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5A pain in the Ass !!
It work like one time every 20 time !! Most of the time I have to use the copy/past function of KeepassXC!
On another review you said :
"Did you know that copy/paste with passwords is not very safe. Almost every application has direct access to your clipboard. Our extension is a great way to prevent that kind of stealing. Auto-Type is another good option for you."
But what "great way"? As it never work, your extension is garbage as much as copy/past a password !!!And have you figured out why it doesn't work? If you have read any GitHub issues lately, KeePassXC 2.6.1 has a bug that affects the extension. While waiting for 2.6.2 you can downgrade to 2.6.0. This error has nothing to do with the extension itself.
Another great way is to use Auto-Type and dismiss the extension totally if this doesn't suits you.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 13041271, één jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5Waste of time. It's less hassle to cut and paste from Keepass manuallyDid you know that copy/paste with passwords is not very safe. Almost every application has direct access to your clipboard. Our extension is a great way to prevent that kind of stealing. Auto-Type is another good option for you.
- door Nikolaus, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5KeePassXC funktioniert bei mir wiederholt nach ca 1 Monat nicht mehr, spätestens aber bei einem Update sind die alten Einstellungen futsch, d.h. die Fehler müssen gesucht und gefunden werden sowie die passenden Lösungen. Mittlerweile ist selbt unser Administrator am Verzweifeln. Ich werde mir ein anderes Programm zur Passwortverwaltung suchen, denn das jetztige ist das Gegenteil einer Arbeitserleichterung! Ich bin von KeePass einfach nur noch enttäuscht und frustriert.(There might be errors because this went through G-translate):
Stellen Sie sicher, dass die Probleme nicht durch falsche Einstellungen im KeePassXC 2.6.0-Update verursacht werden. Die Erweiterung sollte ihre Einstellungen nicht verlieren, und wir empfehlen Ihnen, ein GitHub-Problem bezüglich der Probleme zu machen.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 11365148, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5it just doesnt work and cant figure out whats the problem. I dont have any connected database, it just writes "Key exchange was not successful." both firefox and keepassxc are portable.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 13503710, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5Not working for me on Linux Firefox 68. Plugin doesn't fetch or updates passwords. Won't connect to my database. Absolutely no trust in this app!Did you install KeePassXC via Snap? Did you look at the documentation at keepassxc.org? You need to run a helper script to get it work. If you want to solve the issue, please make a new issue to GitHub. Thanks!
- door Firefox-gebruiker 15239303, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5Not working for me on Linux Firefox 68. Plugin doesn't fetch or updates passwords. Works in Chromium.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 15200965, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5The plugin suddenly stopped working. The Errormessage wasn't helpful (Unsuccesful key exchange).
No way to get it back working again. So reverting to KeePass and KeePassHTTP connector.
- door Atri, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5I cannot add a database. The "Connect" button does nothing.This is a KeePassXC issue on macOS. Please install libsodium via Homebrew until the fix is released, or downgrade to 2.4.1 until we release a new version.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 15026231, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5Won't connect to my database. The connect button does nothing. The reload button gives: Key exchange was not successful. KeePassXC 2.4.2 Firefox 67.0(64bit) on Mac OS X Mojave.This is a KeePassXC issue on macOS. Please install libsodium via Homebrew until the fix is released, or downgrade to 2.4.1 until we release a new version.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14602299, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5The issue that I have is that I don't understand what is the problem that this extension is trying solve. In order for it to work at all, you have to have KeePassXC already open and accessing the database that you are interested in. Other than this, modern browsers already do autofill of names and passwords that you have supplied, the latter being transparently encrypted by the browser itself. I am sure that there are legitimate uses for KeePassXC-browser but, as far as I am concerned, it is far more trouble than it is worth.The purpose of this extension is to transfer login credentials from KeePassXC to the browser. For this to work, KeePassXC and the database must be opened. There are other extensions that can access your KeePass database directly if that is your preferred workflow. And as a sidenote, everyone doesn't want to use the browser's own password manager.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14539952, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5Not working in 99% of the time. You have to delete and and create database connection every single day because your current connection "Cannot decrypt message" or smth else.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14527586, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5With Ubuntu 18.04 and latest Firefox it is unreliable, in 2/3 of the cases I get a Timeout and in 1/3 of the cases I'm able to connect. I couldn't find any reason why it works or why It doesn't work. I tried on two different machines. I couldn't find a way that reliably gets a connection. And I do have apparmor working. Trying it was a waste of time.