- Waardering: 3 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 17800756, 9 maanden geledenUnter Windows 11 bekomme ich die Erweiterung nicht mit einer bestehenden KEEPASSXC-Instanz gekoppelt. Bei WIndows 10 ohne Probleme mit den gleichen Schritten.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door ha3flt, één jaar geledenIt would be fair to mention everywhere the well-known problem with snaps on Ubuntu that dramatically cripples the usability of this otherwise great software. Ubuntu is just the largest Linux distribution by far, and you've lost it...
As I said some years ago, you need an alternative way of communication. Shouldn't be so hard, Mozilla Docs says you can use sockets to communicate with local applications (by Native messaging). It's presumably just plain TCP/IP. Even password managers are mentioned as examples...
Time has come - already in 2021 but I postponed the upgrade so far -, and there is no apt-based version of FireFox as a second choice anymore in Ubuntu, only the Snap Store-based, so we are doomed. I will not go backward installing a browser from a place out of the Ubuntu's own ecosystem. Thank you.
My response to your response:
Thank you, but an alternative means an alternative. If not the Native Messaging then an encrypted file or similar would have been developed as a way of communication. We talk about years... No way that a FireFox extension can't and couldn't communicate with the outer world.
But as I'm reading here, see the link below that is really easy to find, no doubt, the problem not handling the Native Messaging correctly is in the browsers themselves, and it is already _solved_ after some years in FireFox (in 105..108 betas so far), KeePassXC is working (!) in the tests, I'm about to try it soon. So you are also not informed well enough for some reason...
It is only in the Beta channel until the next version of FireFox, probably since it is a fresh development from this summer, but it is OK to me because there is a snap of every FireFox beta as well in Ubuntu, and I can install it in parallel to the non-beta version for now if I want.
As I told you, Ubuntu decided sometimes earlier to go with only the snap version of browsers and even if I'm not hundred percent sure it is the best way to go forward, I will not install the less safe and unsupported apt version of browsers again.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaaréén jaar geleden geplaatstThe problem here is with Ubuntu Snaps, not with our extension. And the problem is.. with the Native Messaging support. Other extensions are affected too. At this point Ubuntu 22.10 should already support our extension with Firefox as Snap. You can find the info easily. It's also possible to install apt version of Firefox.
We have been using Native Messaging with the extension since the development started in 2016-2017.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door aa357, één jaar geledenCan you please tell me how to make it apply passwords to both password fields? Currently when I click on generate password on a password field it applies a password only on that field and when I click on generate password on the second field it a different password. Also when pressing on the add-on it just says "redetect password fields" which is why I have to do each field like described above.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door heheich, één jaar geledenHello. In the "Connected Databases" menu, I try to delete them, but they are not deleted. If they can't be deleted, what is the Delete button for? I click on it but nothing happens
Something I'm afraid for the safety of my data, my databases do not remain with anyone if they cannot be deleted?
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Brad, één jaar geledenRough around the edges. While largely functional, I routinely run into these two problems.
1) Firefox often reports that this extension is slowing down my browser and gives me a button to stop it (my browser feels locked up for 5-10 seconds when this occurs.)
2) Sometimes the extension auto fills on the browser, and sometimes I get this little red question mark on the extension icon, I have to click on that, then select it to auto form fill. I can't figure out why this happens or how to disable it.
The good news is that the entire system is great for working with yubikeys, which I love for serverless password store security.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 17416689, 2 jaar geledenWith respect to functionality the add-on works generally very well. Unfortunately, even with newest versions of Firefox, listing open port connections still shows several open connections from the keepassxc-proxy add-on to sites like googleusercontent.com, cloudfront.net, amazonaws.com and akamaitechnologies.com. Developers claim that this is a bug in Firefox beyond their control, however, the open ports are reported specifically for the keepassxc-proxy process, not for the parent firefox process. This behaviour is not particularly trust inducing.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar2 jaar geleden geplaatstThis is not the first time this issue is mentioned. And still, it is a Firefox issue. Native Messaging launches a child process from the browser, and for some reason Firefox also copies the socket handles to the child process. Because of this the proxy shows connections to locations it doesn't have an access to. Some of the handles can be connections that are already terminated. The only thing the proxy does is listening for stdin and connecting to a local Unix socket by KeePassXC. Anyone can take a look at the source code and verify this, or compile a build manually where the problem still exists.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Luciano Taurino, 2 jaar geledenvery useful extension, works perfectly on every Operating System allowing a smooth browsing keeping safe my passwords
unfortunately, it doesn't works on Firefox snap version (nowadays snap is default on Ubuntu)
- Waardering: 3 van 5door dhananjay, 2 jaar geledenNot as smooth as expected. connection to application is not opened sometimes and had to click on icon to establish it. "your password has changed" prompt comes even if it has not been changed. also saving new password is a miss more times that it is a hit. you just have to hope that banner will appear. Most of time I manually go and add the password as a entry.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 15536911, 2 jaar geledenDoesn't work in Ubuntu 21.10 out-of-the-box. You have to uninstall the default snap version of firefox and then install the host version. Would be nice if this was in the documentation.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13658959, 3 jaar geledenDefinitely a little buggy, unlike the main app. Once had an issue where the banner for updating an entry showed up despite the credentials not differing, the banner failed to appear on the next page despite being set to appear after infinite redirects, then on my next login on a different website I was notified that my database had changed despite me not interacting with the banner or database, I said to discard changes, after which the main app froze. Restarting the app usually fixes things, and when the extension works it works well.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16781362, 3 jaar geledenWorks only for a part of sites. For all others just can't fill in credentials. Also when creating a new account a pop-up bar displayed to store new data. But click in it produces error "can't save credentials". Meanwhile the database is connected and unlocked.
So I decide the plugin to be quite buggy.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13543214, 3 jaar geledenWould love official support for Waterfox on Windows. Unfortunately the Custom Browser feature seems to be MacOS and Linux only for now.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 15304175, 4 jaar geledenFor the most part, this functions ok and I'm able to use it. Unfortunately, for some sites (such as https://cards.barclaycardus.com/) it just doesn't seem to detect the un/pw fields even after I manually select them. Barclay's site is particularly strange. When I "choose custom login fields" I get two of the "overlays" for choosing fields. I have issues on Community America Credit Union's site as well, which might have something to do with the fact that the login form "pops open" when you click in the username field. I haven't really had any issues connecting to my KP database, mostly just issues with the auto-fill/field detection. Thanks for the all the hard work though, I appreciate it. I'm sure over time these kinks will get ironed out.
EDIT: PopOS! 18.04 (so ubuntu 18.04) & Firefox 69.0.1
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar4 jaar geleden geplaatstIf you change your entry URL to https://barclaycardus.com/ the login iframe will be detected correctly if you fill the credentials manually from keyboard shortcut or from the context menu. CACU site didn't have any problems with the latest release, even if the login form pops open.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Orion, 5 jaar geledenNice extension but it may take some time to understand how it works and some sites become extremelly slow because of it, in my case it is Jenkins (configuration pages, plugins page).
Also, it lacks some features:
- save extra fields, like account name/number, etc (e.g. AWS)
- it does not populate login and password on some sites, although it can save them (e.g. Sonatype Nexus)
- Waardering: 3 van 5door owintwist, 5 jaar geledenPratique, mais pas très intuitif : l'intégration est minimale et il faut repasser par KeePassXC régulièrement.
Gros problème de gestion de l'obsolescence : depuis plusieurs jours, le plugin n'est plus utilisable car il demande la toute dernière version mineure 2.4.* alors que le gestionnaire de paquet de ma distribution (pacman) propose toujours la 2.3.4 et seul une beta de la 2.4 est dispo sur AUR.
Une rétrocompatibilité aurait été bienvenue, même temporaire, afin d'assurer un suivis pour les utilisateurs moyens qui ne vont pas chercher à compiler les source depuis un GIT et se reposent majoritairement sur leur gestionnaire de paquets.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14668917, 5 jaar geledenSpent a lot of my time just trying to get it to work. Finally I've done it but I'm an IT technician and I believe that most of regular people will fail here.
And according to the feedbacks it seems there is a lot of such failed tryouts when people can't even start to use it. Please do something with that.
For example my case was that:
1. Different versions (64-bit FireFox against x86 KeePassXC portable). Extension runs proxy but nothing happens futher - extension doesn't see proxy running or something like that. Fail.
2. KeePassXC (installed) doesn't make org.keepassxc.keepassxc_browser_firefox.json nor apropriate registry entry - proxy doesn't run. I believe that's because of UAC and permissions. Still hothing works. Fail again.
3. Portable x64 KeePassXC + Firefox x64 - win. It creates json and write proper registry key. Extension runs proxy and they both interact each other.