- Firefox ユーザー 15039412 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Works like a charm and is open source but it would be nice to add an option to automatically switch to a different user agent on certain websites instead of doing that manually
- Firefox ユーザー 12985156 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価No longer actively maintained. Bug reports are responded to with requests for "donations to motivate the author".No true! It is actively *maintained*, I'm just unlikely to add new features without sufficient motivation at this point (maintenance ≠ feature development). ;-)
(Obviously I will accept patches for any of the requested features, so feel free donate your time if money isn't available to you!)
- Cyberknight によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Compatible with Waterfox! Very customisable and powerful add-on, allowing selecting a specific agent for each visited domain. It has two different interfaces, one more "user friendly" and another more "programmer friendly". One problem with this add-on is its size (4 MB file / 21 MB installed). Recently (2020/10) tested it against other much smaller UA switchers and didn't notice any advantages. Downvoting for rudeness on description Page, though.Thank you for your review! The “huge cache of hundreds (!!!) of files […], which may be completely removed” are in fact used to generate sensible values for the `navigator.*` browser identification values. Parsing information like operating system, CPU type, device type, … is not a simple affair as there are no standards at all – one just has to guess based on the COMMENT parts of the User-Agent string. Fortunately the BrowsCap project has maintained a list of matching patterns for figuring out this information since 1997 that is extremely reliable. As such, I will continue using it even if it means bloating the extension size by about 3MiB. The fact that it allows everything to just work out-of-the-box with just a single input value (the User-Agent string itself) definitely outweighs that, by comparison small, price.
I would like to think that, if you don't need this complete level of emulation, then you may use just about any of the other User-Agent switching extensions because – to my knowledge this capability is unique to this extension.
- none999999 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価This is pretty decent. The Playstation default I like as it forces a lot of broken websites (eg. Gmail, YouTube) to work. The downside is adding or changing them does not work. And the CURL and WGET are bad options as they make websites think you're some scraper bot.Thanks for the review!
Could you please elaborte what you mean by “The downside is adding or changing them does not work”? I do not unfortunately understand what you mean by this.
Having the CLI tools options available is good for testing for the exact behaviour you describe as “bad”. Some sites also hide/modify content from web browsers, but only deliver them to bots and specialized client software for automated processing – feeds/podcasts are a prominent example of this.
- Firefox ユーザー 13926692 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価great extension but
please add domain exception list, some sites look terrible on big screen and some other force you to open site with app like soundcloud and fb messenger
- Firefox ユーザー 13307580 によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価This add-on changed my useragent but also broke other add-ons. External video player was one of them..it worked after I disabled UA switcher. Stable Firefox for Android..Note5.
Edit 1. Another add-on that seems to have abandoned stable Firefox on Android..I've noticed the trend. :-\ This works fine, so far, on Firefox beta. Please disregard one half of the 3★s I gave the add-on. It should be 2½★s since it only works on half of the Firefox browsers I use.
- Firefox ユーザー 13331399 によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価This add-on should be perfect if there is an option that allows me to select websites to switch user agent.
For example, I have a following list: "facebook.com, youtube.com". And I want the add-on to only change the user agent when I surf these website. Websites that aren't in the list will not be affected by the add-on.
Could you do it?
- Alex によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Needs custom color setting for the menu, or a global day/night switch. I'm using dark dev theme and this is what addon's menu looks like.
P.S. Don't have gitlab account and I'm not a developer myself, so can't test xpi. Firefox 59.0b9 64bit, dark dev theme, win 10 with dark theme.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 4年前Hmm… Looks like you are being bitten by my workaround for dark themes there…
Could you please test this quick test hack and see if it works better in your case:
Also please state which operating system, desktop environment & browser version your are using. If applicable also add information about your system desktop theme.
To respond please open an issue on https://gitlab.com/alexander255/user-agent-switcher/issues as I will not receive any notifications when you update your review. Thanks!
- chris p によるレビュー (5年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Okay, so maybe it's arguably the best add-on currently available for Firefox android but let's be honest here, that's not saying much and it certainly doesn't make it an automatic 5 stars. For starters the icon is broken on android and it should have been addressed in testing. As is, the list of selectable user agents is rather small and quite limited and there is simply no good excuse for such a limitation. There ought to be a custom editable list of user agents to select from that could be expanded upon by the user by manually entering in as many agents as the user needs. All things considered, it is a decent add-on with noticeable room for improvement.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 5年前Unfortunately the possible ways of interacting with the browser's user interface on Firefox for Android are currently alot more restricted than on desktop Firefox (the fact that I can add an icon to the browser's address bar is already a hack in itself!). As such I had decided to halt all further Firefox for Android development until this is being addressed.
As of Firefox for Android 55 this is finally the case and the first set of improvements (no configurable list yet, unfortunately) has landed in the recently reviewed 1.0.5 version of the extension.
If there are user-agents that you would like to see in the next release in particular (somebody already requested iPad), then please add that to your comment and I'll probably add them. The user-expandable list should be released in not-too-long as well.