- di Utente Firefox 15257473, 2 anni faValutata 5 su 5I really love this addon and have used it without any problems for a long time. Thank you! There is only one problem now: Since the firefox update 69.0 some days ago, the tabs are crashing every few minutes. I disabled all Addons to see where the problem is, and it only happens when Group Speed Dial is activated. Firefox is then showing the "Sorry, this tab crashed" page. Do you have any suggestion how to solve this? Thank you and all the bestHello,
I haven't released new version for a long time now so this is most probably related to something in your Firefox profile (since so far nobody else is reporting this).
You can try to reinstall my add-on (make sure to export your dials to a file first), but it that won't help, I would suggest you to use Firefox Reset - this often fixes many profile-related bugs:
Resetting profile will preserve your passwords, bookmarks and other important things (but not add-ons data).
Before resetting your profile I would suggest you to setup Firefox Sync. - this will backup the list of installed add-ons and after reset it will reinstall them.
Feel free to contact me to my support e-mail if it didn't help (of if it helps).
- di Lecron, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5In the built-in task manager, the extension is always at the very top of the consumption line. With a noticeable difference from other extensions. He is doing something non-stop. Also, the preview cropping mechanism is very inconvenient.
The rest are no comments. Worthy. Strong 4.Hello,
The consumption sounds strange, could you give me more details? When I check "about:performance", I can see the "Energy Impact" as Low(0.35), which is higher than others but still pretty low (single Spotify tab not playing any music has Medium (6.05)).
But memory wise it should be pretty good - right now it shows only 3.2MB.
Regarding the "preview cropping mechanism", I'm opened to suggestions :). Please contact me to my support e-mail.
I'm always to receive a feedback.
- di Utente Firefox 11478734, 2 anni faValutata 3 su 5Excellent, except compatibility issues with First Party Isolation.
The thumbnail images are not shown and not able to successfully refresh them.
When disabling First Party Isolation and restarting Firefox, then for 1 time images are shown. And then, again, there are no thumbnail images.
Windows 10, any Firefox edition.Hello,
Interesting... so it seems that the "First Party Isolation" will isolate whole add-on (not just the new tab) into a special container - so thumbnails needs to be created in both .
This is different from "Firefox Multi-Account Containers" which isolates only a tab.
Anyway, since whole add-on is running in in isolation, there is no way to access thumbnails from different "sandbox".
The only way to fix this would be to replace the IndexedDB database used for thumbnails (which is being isolated) and replace it with normal storage. However I would have to add "Unlimited storage" permission (because thumbnails and backups usually takes more than 5MB of storage).
This is a problem because ALL of my users will be prompted to agree with a new permission.
So this is really bad.
I can also see that it breaks the cloud synchronization which is using cookie - this is also very hard to fix.
Anyway - as you can see, there is no easy solution.
The only thing I could do is introduce some "Auto create all missing thumbnails" option that will help you create missing thumbnails when you enable/disable isolation.
- di Thiggy, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5Overall good. There are a couple of websites I wished thumbnails worked. https://www.cnn.com/ is blank white thumbnail. https://www.reuters.com/finance used to be okay except for images never rendered. Recently it became skewed with mostly white space. I'm not sure why it happens and I tried various settings in this add-on options, but nothing helped. Both sites thumbnail were okay in another speeddial add-on I had used so I guess this one is written differently. Overall, I like this speeddial better.Hello,
Regarding white thumbnails - the default thumbnails generation method has problems with some pages, but I'm working on a new feature that will fix it by default. Until then, just use "Refresh by visiting page" reload from context menu and it will work. Also adding new page using context menu "Add this page to dial" will also work for all pages.
Regarding "skewed with mostly white space" - could you send me the screenshot on my support e-mail?
- di Juri Müller, 2 anni faValutata 5 su 5Geht in die Perfektion über! Die neue Version gefällt mir sehr gut! Was man noch besser machen kann, wäre wenn alle lange URL anzeigen, die mit moz-extension beginnen entfernt werden, so das man schnell auf die URL schreiben kann.Hello,
You have probably the same problem as the user below.
Make sure your homepage URL ends with "/dial.html". If the URL matches the add-on URL exactly, it should be automatically cleared (empty). You can get the correct URL from the Options page / first tab / first line.
If this didn't help, please let me know to my support e-mail.