- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13434336 de Firefox, il y a un anYou need to login to save a page & the last 3 or 4 updates are really bad for privacy.
I used it since it was a test-pilot program for Firefox in 2016 (no more 404s). But since all new "features" are really bad I uninstalled it.
- Noté 1 sur 5par A Firefox User, il y a 2 ansThe add-on now forces you to log in to archive a page, but previous versions (and the archive.org website) have no such requirement. This login requirement is a serious regression that prevents me from using this version at all. I'm not going to create an account for no reason; I'd prefer to remain anonymous. I've reverted back to version 1.8.6 (which is still available here under "See all versions").
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13112025 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansVersion 3.0 works fine here!
With the new feature, which shows saved status of the page right away, now it is very easy to make a decision whether or not to save the page. To do this with prior versions, I had to first check the newest saved page and to see if it exists or not. The saving process is being done in background, so I can browse other pages while the add-on saves a page.
(Below is my review a year ago about previous version)
Once worked fine, but for the past few months, it has got "Fail with status: 498 No Reason Phrase" error with Retry button, which fails all the time on firefox (waterfox as well). So, now this extension is quite useless and needs to be updated.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17264771 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansThe good: if it works, it works. It's an amazing tool to save webpages and look them up if necessary.
The bad: the 404 page has always come up too soon but lately (1-2 weeks ago) webpages cannot be saved. The error message: job failed.
No one can do anything with that information.. saving a page directly from the website works but if I cannot save a webpage with this Addon why should I keep it?
- Noté 1 sur 5par kev, il y a 2 ansI have found all functions of this add on, including archiving pages, detecting dead links and requesting archived pages to be entirely non functional. It prevents me from accessing working sites so often that I finally relented and uninstalled the add on
- Noté 2 sur 5par 5dRao, il y a 2 ansWould be a perfect addon without this feature: "Detects dead pages, 404s, DNS failures & a range of other web breakdowns", beacuse often when I go previous page or Ctrl+Shift+T, this addon popups, blocking the page loading properly.
- Noté 4 sur 5par Kitty None, il y a 2 ansEDIT: It was finally updated, and although it still is susceptible to false positives, it's greatly improved and extremely useful now!
Same complaint as everyone else: this addon would be SO useful if there was some way to dial down the sensitivity of the automatic redirect or turn it off — but since the addon hasn't been updated since 2018 I assume this bug won't be fixed. Hopefully someone picks up where they left off and implements this functionality into a working addon, because it's a great idea.