- par John Harris, il y a 2 moisNoté 4 sur 5Generally works well. It falls short in:
- Frequently auto-updating and then not operating at all until the user agrees to new permissions, which is a drag on workflow.
- Persists in annoying me with pop-up boxes to "check out more great features in settings," which is obnoxious when commercial software does it, let alone when a utility put out by a non-profit does. It should do its job and get out of my way.
- par pelle, il y a un anNoté 4 sur 5It's good but sometimes has false positives and thinks that a website is down when it isn't. In those cases there's no way around than to disable the extension. I wish they'd fix that.
But it's absolutely brilliant work the Internet Archive team are doing.
- par 100yenman, il y a un anNoté 4 sur 5ポップアップページがやや不快だが、ウェブサイトを手軽にセーブできる点は本当に優れている。
- par freakedenough, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5i would love to disable the automatic modal, it sometimes pops up even if websites load successfully (some interference with adblockers probably), which is annoying. yet i would love to have the toolbar icon.
- par crookm, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5Excellent extension, it's super useful.
Note that the current version is very outdated, three years out of date now. The github (/internetarchive/wayback-machine-webextension) shows that there is very active development, but changes are not being published to firefox like they are to chrome.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14235053 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5I love this extension, but false positives in recent months have been really annoying, I sometimes needed to press Back up to five times to just be able to see the page I was reading.
- par active x, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5As others already mentioned there's a bug where it thinks the page failed to load when it didn't. If you just provide the option to disable this auto detection it would be great.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14490699 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5Lately it seems way too quick to jump to a wayback lookup when clicking the 'back' arrow button on Firefox. I'm just jumping back to a page that I had just looked at! It isn't 404!
- par Mjone77, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5Works great, except for it thinking that a working site is down and asking if I want to see an archived version. When this happens I have to spam the back button until it stops thinking the page is down.
Fixing this bug and/or preferably adding an option to disable automatic missing page recognition would make this a 5/5.
- par Amir Ali Akbari, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5Very helpful extension, but it detects many working pages as 404, especially on browser reload. An option to disable automatic Wayback machine popup is really needed.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14709676 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5The bug of March 2019 that triggers it on about 30% of times I try to go back one page (on regular, live, working URLs) needs to be fixed...
Else very useful since so many websites (especially universities and governments!) can't seem to understand the concept of a stable URL!