- Noté 5 sur 5par twotwos, il y a 10 moisOk. This extension used to be *bad*. It was limited in its use and had a serious problem with what I'm terming "archive misfire", where it would decide to redirect some pages (which would otherwise load just fine!) to a new page where it gave you the option to view it in the archive. When you didn't need to.
Yet now! As of February this year, the extension has leapt all the way from version 1.8.6 to version 3.0, and let me tell you, this version absolutely slaps. It's brilliant. Archive misfire is no more, and it's got all sorts of helpful little options. The Internet Archive has taken this extension from an over-agressive bookmarklet to a really quite helpful browsing tool. If you scorned this extension before, I invite you to give it another go; and if you're here for the first time, don't be scared off by the review score - truly, things are better now. Also, some other reviews mention needing to login to save pages, a requirement which has been lifted as of ~a month ago.
- Noté 4 sur 5par John Harris, il y a un anGenerally works well. It falls short in:
- Frequently auto-updating and then not operating at all until the user agrees to new permissions, which is a drag on workflow.
- Persists in annoying me with pop-up boxes to "check out more great features in settings," which is obnoxious when commercial software does it, let alone when a utility put out by a non-profit does. It should do its job and get out of my way.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Sam Wilson, il y a un anThis is a great extension. It is much quicker to save a page than it used to be, and has quick links to archived versions of pages. The auto-archive feature is brilliant.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17370107 de Firefox, il y a un anС нового обновления требует залогиниться.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13434336 de Firefox, il y a un anYou need to login to save a page & the last 3 or 4 updates are really bad for privacy.
I used it since it was a test-pilot program for Firefox in 2016 (no more 404s). But since all new "features" are really bad I uninstalled it.
- Noté 1 sur 5par A Firefox User, il y a un anThe add-on now forces you to log in to archive a page, but previous versions (and the archive.org website) have no such requirement. This login requirement is a serious regression that prevents me from using this version at all. I'm not going to create an account for no reason; I'd prefer to remain anonymous. I've reverted back to version 1.8.6 (which is still available here under "See all versions").
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17305735 de Firefox, il y a un anEverytime I go to my Banks website this plugin rediects me to its own page. Removed plugin from Firefox
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13112025 de Firefox, il y a un anVersion 3.0 works fine here!
With the new feature, which shows saved status of the page right away, now it is very easy to make a decision whether or not to save the page. To do this with prior versions, I had to first check the newest saved page and to see if it exists or not. The saving process is being done in background, so I can browse other pages while the add-on saves a page.
(Below is my review a year ago about previous version)
Once worked fine, but for the past few months, it has got "Fail with status: 498 No Reason Phrase" error with Retry button, which fails all the time on firefox (waterfox as well). So, now this extension is quite useless and needs to be updated.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17264771 de Firefox, il y a un anThe good: if it works, it works. It's an amazing tool to save webpages and look them up if necessary.
The bad: the 404 page has always come up too soon but lately (1-2 weeks ago) webpages cannot be saved. The error message: job failed.
No one can do anything with that information.. saving a page directly from the website works but if I cannot save a webpage with this Addon why should I keep it?
- Noté 1 sur 5par kev, il y a un anI have found all functions of this add on, including archiving pages, detecting dead links and requesting archived pages to be entirely non functional. It prevents me from accessing working sites so often that I finally relented and uninstalled the add on
- Noté 1 sur 5par Hp93, il y a un anToo often it misdetect a perfectly fine website as "not found" and redirect to the addon page.
- Noté 3 sur 5par GP, il y a un anHigh failure rate. Needs fixing. Great when it works! I just wish it worked reliably. Too important a tool to be this unreliable.