- par Scott Rickert, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5This is the absolute hands down best extension ever made, unless the developers are not to be trusted which I have no reason to believe that they aren't. This app is not for the inpatient, uneducated, stupid and idiotic fools. This app is for anyone willing to put forth the effort to learn what each site does and potentially can do. It takes time to learn and that is going to be frustrating for most users. Get over it because it is worth it!!!
- par TAW, il y a un anNoté 4 sur 5Advanced Script, Pixel and AdBlock. Sometimes even useable against antiadblock. The only thing i'd like to have would be an selective blocker (dont block all scripts but instead select them).
- par GraemeL, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5A comprehensive and flexible privacy tool from the same author as uBlock Origin.
This is a tool more for experts than other fire-and-forget privacy options, but it's definitely worth spending time to learn how to use it and configure it around your browsing.
Works great as a companion to list-based solutions like uBlock Origin.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15331463 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5This extension is absolutely amazing. Now i can overview every single connection on every website i go to. Then i can decide what i want to allow and what i want to block. For example i want to allow Facebook on Facebook, but i dont want it to snoop on me when i am on the website for my healthcare provider writing to my doctor. There is absolutely no reason for Facebook or Google to follow me around the web. Well, there are reasons for them since they love to collect your personal data, but i dont want to provide either Google or Facebook with certain information, so when i see them on uMatrix dashboard, i simply block them.
I can block them for every site i visit, just tick the box if its not red already and confirm with clicking the padlock. Settings are saved! I can also block globally, for example i can block Google from spying on me no matter what website i go to, just use the global rules for blocking or allowing on every site, or set up different rules per site.
I have ads blocked for every site, i have blocked other crap too like spy domains that wants to connect and would connect if i didnt have this extension. Of course you can make global or local site rules for things you do want to connect. Works great out of the box with its setup so the learning curve can be as fast or slow as one wish. Just try it out to see how much creepy stuff there is out there that wants to connect to you while you are reading the news or writing a email. After that it wont be possible to use the internet without uMatrix.
Very much appreciated and million of thanks!!
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15326422 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5Probably the best you can get. Its really worth taking the time watching a YouTube tutorial to learn use uMatrix. Play around with settings what you want to allow or block and learn as you go.
Easily 5 stars here.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15005487 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5Just love this addon. When you get a visual of all the sites that track you across the interwebs it's a tad gob smacking.
The ability to easily allow or block sites and / or elements from sites is really cool.
Love your work, thanks Dev.