- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 13637550, el hace 10 mesesThis is incredible and the work that is being put into it is admirable. The documentation isn't the best but the creator was very quick to answer my questions and I was able to create a JSON batch capture that captured an entire site for me. It's not the easiest thing to use but read the documentation, look at the examples, and ask questions on the github if you need help. This is a very powerful plugin and I hope the developer continues to develop it.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por DrakeFromFrance, el hace un añoThank you for your job Danny. I use WebScrapbook in Firefox, and Firefox is my default browser on Windows 10. I already set a new task using the .pyw extension to start WSB with the console hidden however it starts Firefox and open a new tab. Is there a way to start WebScrapbook without opening a new tab?
Just a remark: when I click on the icon of WSB in the tools bar of Firefox, it tooks me always a few seconds to find "Open Scrapbook". It would be nice if you emphasised it, or at least if you put it at the top of the menu. Thank you.
Where do I set server.browse to false??
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace un año1. Configure PyWebScrapBook and set server.browse to false. We'll consider use false as default in the future.
2. The primary feature for WebScrapBook is capturing, not management, and thus putting "Open ScrapBook" as the first command doesn't make sense. Emphasizing which command is likely controversial for the same reason. We need a thorough evaluation/discussion before doing this. FYI: you can configure a hotkey using the browser extension hotkey manager for a faster way to open the sidebar.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Myron, el hace un añoIs there a way to auto save a tab after a configurable time in focus?
i do a lot of research and almost always either leave a page quickly or spend several minutes reading?
i often forget to save the page until trying to remember it weeks later
... updated to the current version... set autosave time to 60000(ms)... nothing is being saved... please advise
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace un añoThis is current not supported and is an open issue: https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/issues/8
If you have some good idea welcome to provide a further feedback in the thread.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por firstuanl, el hace 2 años获取不到www.yuque.com文件内的图
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Dany A., el hace 2 añosWhen capturing in a folder: Is it possible to create index.dat in the same folder?
A simple file as in the original Scrapbook (id, type, title, etc).
So that you can import files into an old SB. Many people use it.
WebScrapbook grabs data correctly. But usability and compatibility are very, very far from acceptable.
Even the URL of the source page is not clear where.
Although I won't be stingy with 5 stars... For the future.WebScrapBook is not meant to be compatible with ScrapBook, whose data scheme is relatively old and is rather limited (e.g. can't support .htz, .maff, and single html). We may implement a tool to (unidirectionally) convert WebScrapBook data into ScrapBook-compatible format like ScrapBook X Converter, but likely being a command line tool using PyWebScrapBook for better performance and cross-platform compatibility.
For now, metadata like URL source of the captured page is saved in the index.html as a root HTML tag attribute, and can be easily read using PyWSB backend. You can manually (or write a script to) create an index.dat from it if you need to back-port a page captured by WSB to SB.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 14392904, el hace 2 añosHello Danny,
1) Is it possible to choose the folder where the page will be saved?
On my latest FF I get the page placed at the bottom of the list no matter what folder I select on the left panel. I am using backend server.
2) Is it possible to add folder selection directly in right-click menu? Last 10-20 folders etc.
3) Is it possible to update left panel after saving page? At the moment I have to refresh it to see last save entry.
Thank you for your work.1) This is a current open issue (https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/issues/37). It's technically possible but not quite easy to implement.
2) I don't know what the folder selection is for. Generally speaking, implementing a virtual folder tree in the context menu is something technically possible but not easy to do.
3) Automatic updating the sidebar after a capture may cause loss of current UI status such as selection, scrolling position, etc, and may largely increase network traffic if the backend server is hosted remotely. We need a good solution for such related issues before implementing this.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Goeroeboeroe, el hace 2 añosI've tries about every extension saving a web page. This is the first one saving everything (html, css, js, video, images, background-images from css, etc., etc.)
Since I have a site myself, I can check easily if really EVERYTHING is saved. Every other extension didn't save one thing or another.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por alucioso, el hace 2 añosUsed ScrapBookX in the past to highlight webpages and saved them with UnMHT.
Currently using Nuke Anything, Page Hacker, and SingleFile addons to edit and save single file webpages.
There's no option to remove this addon's context menu, which only offers to capture, not edit the current page.
Would be nice to be able to access the "Edit tab" bottom bar with a keyboard shortcut.
EDIT: Thanks for bringing the functionality of ScrapBookX to the WebExtensions API. Don't know why, but can't find a simple editor or extension to highlight HTML text in webpages.Thank you for the feedback. We will consider support options to not show the context menu and add "edit tab" command in the context menu.
Keyboard shortcut for "Edit tab" has already been implemented. Just customize it with the default extension shortcut manager of the browser.