- por Usuario de Firefox 5902766, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5Hey DW-Dev,i worked with you in the past to give feedback to tile tabs.
Its sad that firefox made you change how it worked ,even though it still can be useful. To me I would need a way to Tile tabs and have ALL my open tabs in one the 2 tiled windows open,i cant use tiletabs with all tabs in a 3rd window,its very impractical.
Btw i sent you an email with a small question for a possible new add-on,but i dont know if you still use the same mail address.
Contact me if you want.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 3 añosEarly versions of Tile Tabs WE retained the original window as the first tile in the the tiled layout, but this design had several problems. For example, if the user used the Toggle Toolbar command, then all of the tabs in the original window (except for the selected tab) would be lost.
- por Usuario de Firefox 12746867, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5Sync scroll is not working in some pages.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 3 añosBecause of restrictions in the new WebExtensions APIs, 'Sync Scroll' and some other features acnnot be used in the following special pages:
- por aem, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5Déçu par ce module. J'utilisais la précédente version avant passage à Quantum …
Mais c'est peut être Firefox la cause depuis Quantum et non Tile Tabs …
Les fenêtres découpées ne sont plus intégrées à la fenêtre principale, du coup l'intégration est moins pratique.
Ce n'est qu'une juxtaposition de fenêtres les unes à côté des autres … le truc qu'on peut faire à la main quoi …
Franchement dommage, c'est le type de plugin que je suis prêt à payer tellement c'est utile ! Mais la l'utilisation c'est impossible !
J'ai créé un profil Firefox dédié à la une version antérieure pour pouvoir encore l'utiliser … c'est dire !
Meme constat sur Chrome …
Une note de 3 pour ne pas sanctionner le développeur …
- por Usuario de Firefox 13330410, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5Using Tile Tabs WE always unpins my pinned tabs. Then returning back, does not re-pin them. If I don't remember to re-pin them, I'll lose my pinned tabs and need no set them up again. Not worth the time it saved using the extension.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13727814, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5It's not worth me using this until Mozilla provides a new WebExtensions API's that makes it possible to display multiple pages simultaneously within the same browser window.
The reason for this is that it is clumsy to duplicate the menu bars, bookmark bars and toolbars. They become compressed at the top of each window giving a stunted interface on each instead of neat, open interface across the top. Tabs on the original window are hidden behind the windows tiled at the front.
This extension has some nice features and they will be great once they are applied to multiple pages displayed within the same window.
- por Alexandre Willame, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5KEYBOARD SHORTCUT NEEDED BACK!
Great addon. Since the latest version, it unfortunately does not allow to use shortcut! I only used F12 as a shortcut to split view. Without keyboard shortcut, I barely ever use this addon anymore. Will definitely put 5 stars as soon as the keyboard shortcut is back in the app!
Thanks for the amazing work.
- por Koharu, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5I didn't know the old Add-On so I can just comment on this one. I like the idea, but it still has some bugs that need improvement. As stated by someone else:
- clicking the icon does only recreate new tabs instead of supposed ones.
- When I save a Layout and check "Save Tabs" its doesn't save them actually. In the list it only says the name, the windows but it doesnt show amount of tabs (theres nothing saved)
- the scroll sync doesnt seem to work reliably..
- as ppl mentioned for the older version, having multiple tabs in the same window would be nice, but maybe not possible with new Firefox, so windows is fine with me, since I can just "show" and "hide" them anytime.
- would also appreciate being able to save multible tabs in the Tile Windows. Maybe it's supposed to be included in the "Save Tabs" feature which unfortunately doesnt seem to work.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13473816, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5Pleeeeease the older version of tile tabs, this extension was sooo helpfull, and now it just split window , everyone can do that, RESTORE THE OLDER VERSION
But I give 3 star because the developper did a great job on the previous version
- por Steve Cambridge, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5Previous version was _great_ at getting a very large amount of information on one screen - viewing 12 graphs on one 4K display. This version needs so much screen real estate for window clutter that it is degraded to being pretty close to not worth using.
This enough of a problem that I am going to avoid upgrading to the new Firefox until it is fixed or I have no choice.
Mozilla - please support great add on this properly.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13383279, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5I don't want to give 1 star because the reduced functionality isn't the author's fault. This plugin was incredibly useful to me in its previous form, it worked brilliantly. I hope that Mozilla can consider some way to make it possible for this kind of plugin to work again! How can we get that to happen - to the author, what is the API that's been removed? Perhaps we can use the Firefox bug/feature tracker to ask that this is reinstated in some form?A new add-on has already been developed that works in a very similar way to the original Tile Tabs. This new add-on cannot be released because it uses
- por olba, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5This extension does a lot of good stuff, but there's places where it's obviously lacking:
1. You can only have one set of tabs tiled at any given time. This is extremely limiting.
2. Doing a non-standard tile, such as tiling 4+ tiles vertically, requires that you make the tiling first. Considering how the add-on already works, I think it would be best if you were just given an option to tile horizontally, vertically or into a grid (horizontally or vertically).
3. If you have the toolbars turned off, clicking on a link with the regular middle click causes the tab to jump into the window with the Tile Tabs WE Blank tab open. This is very confusing behavior.
4. Moving tabs that are tiled is not possible, as far as I can see: You have to close the layout, reorder the tabs and tile them.
5. Adding tabs to a tiled layout from outside of the layout is impossible: You have to close the layout and do another one.
6. The way the Tile Tabs WE Blank page functions is confusing: There's no real explanation as to what it does and closing it affects the behavior of the tiling.
Even with these flaws, which I discovered through my usage of the add-on, it's still a very good add-on. It's definitely an improvement over Vivaldi's implementation of tiling tabs, which they advertise as a major feature of the browser.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13338317, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5Sorry for the low rating. I really wish I could give it a 5* as in previous add-on.
Hope to see it with original features soon!
Thank you anyway for the effort and I'm sure you're doing your best. :)
- por uday, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5But let me ask you, why the old one still continues to work fine even if it's not compatible?
- por Chaosblad3, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5To the developer: If you don't want your addon to keep getting negatively review bombed perhaps you should do a better job of explaining the limitations of WE (why you cannot currently recreate the exact splitting functionality of the legacy version) right at the start of the description so that people know exactly what to expect (and more importantly what NOT to expect) before they install.