- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 17970086, el hace 13 díasImport Actually Legitimate URL Shortener Tool + activate Adguard Url tracking protection and there doesn't seem to be a real need for this anymore.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por cheatfreak47, el hace un mesClearURLs is an extension I've used for about a year, but I've recently disabled for the time being.
On the surface, ClearURLs is an excellent extension and it provides all the things it claims to, and it works, exactly as described.
The problem really comes from when it doesn't work- and how annoying it is to deal with in those situations.
ClearURLs lacks what I would call an extremely essential feature for an extension like this. A Whitelist. When ClearURLs breaks something, your only option(s) are to report it to the developer, and disable it until you are past whatever thing it broke, and then turn it back on.
This is tremendously annoying. To make matters worse, from what I can tell- the development of this extension has been relatively stale in the last few years. I'm sure the developer has plenty of good reasons why they haven't been working on it too much, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation.
Whitelisting has been an issue on their issue tracker for over 4 years. There's been an open merge request that added the feature for at least a year which hasn't been merged, and in that time, there's only been a handful of commits, usually just what I consider "maintenance mode" sorts of pushes. Stuff like "oh firefox changed a thing, I'll just remove this little bit here then" stuff.
On top of that, it's clear that the issue tracker is full of reports, many of which are clear duplicates and it really isn't being maintained all that well. Obviously developing extensions takes time and effort, like any software so I won't really hold that against them, but still- it seems a little scatterbrained to me.
Regardless, ClearURLs is fine for what it is, I just think a few small feature upgrades would take it from being just pretty good sometimes to truly being excellent, and arguably an essential online privacy extension. It just currently annoys me too much to use it regularly.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por juan riccio, el hace 8 mesesIt works, but I have a few gripes:
- We need a whitelist, site-based or regexp
- Some ?parameter=value couples are not removed (others are, from the same URL). We need a regexp based blacklist or whitelist
- It does not appear to intercept the normal "copy link" action. It needs to be activated via its own right-click menu entry or other means. It would be nice to have (the option for) it to replace standard URL copy.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Worm, el hace un añoThis extension works great but unfortunately, it breaks some websites. This wouldn't be an issue if there was some sort of Whitelist functionality. Until then, I will have to remove this extension and rate this 3 stars.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Korwin, el hace un añoЧистит ссылки на store.steampowered.com. Частично чистит ссылки от yandex.ru в email-уведомлениях. Ломает выпадающий список с доступом к кэшированной версии страницы в поисковой выдаче Яндекса. Не чистит ссылки на товары из поиска Яндекс.Маркета, addons.mozilla.org, keep.google.com. Словом, весьма ненадежный инструмент, проще привыкнуть чистить вручную. Или найти лучший инструмент.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 17472870, el hace un añoLove the app, however it's preventing me from accessing AWS, which is a huge issue. Definitely needs a whitelist function to exclude webpages. If it had that, it would be 5/5 IMO.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Echonly, el hace 2 añosI uninstalled this extension after using it for more than a day. The default rules have caused me a lot of trouble when browsing the web, and there is no way to set detailed settings.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 17394022, el hace 2 añosThis ends up breaking several non tracking urls as they sometimes inject history state for functionality.
And the extension doesn't provide a single way to add exceptions and by viewing the github it seems they just plain ignore suggestions.
There is a setting called "The url to the data.json file (rules)" but this does nothing as changing it to several different things still worked in the exact same way.
If you don't use pages that may modify or rely on the url consistency is a great extension but besides that it missing a critical feature.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 16274658, el hace 2 añosAs others stated, it breaks back/forward functionality on Gmail (e.g. backing out of an email with the mouse back/forward key, or ALT + Left arrow).
This started relatively recently, had no issues for a long time with Gmail before.
Specifically, the ClearURLs setting "Prevent tracking injection over history API" causes the issue. With this setting disabled, everything is good again.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Frans, el hace 2 añosThis was breaking links from loading, and since this is a "install and forget" type of extension--which is nice, except in this instance--and since there is no link whitelisting, I unfortunately have to disable it. :(
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 14108734, el hace 2 añosNeed the ability to WHITELIST certain URLS. It is either on, or off. And when it breaks a website, I have to turn it off completely. Add this please!
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 17228840, el hace 2 añosDas Add-on tut was es soll. Allerdings ist mir Firefox in den ersten 20 Minuten der Benutzung damit zweimal komplett und vollständig abgestürzt. Daher wieder entfernt.