- por rakat, el hace 2 mesesSe valoró con 2 de 5This organizer only found 68 bookmarks. It did not find the bookmarks imported from another browser. They were there, tho.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 2 mesesDid you understand the function of Bookmarks Organizer? It only finds BROKEN bookmarks. If the bookmarks from your other browser work there is no point in showing them…
- por Opa Smurf, el hace 4 mesesSe valoró con 2 de 5"finds" , but does not organize nor delete doubles - which isn't really helpful - since i already know i have doubles, firefox the usual culprit here. Manually deleting 2000+ bookmarks is certainly something i won't do. (buku /linux cli) but still searching for an Xmarks replacement for windows
- por Usuario de Firefox 14398247, el hace un añoSe valoró con 2 de 5Couldn't find any actions to perform on all my duplicate bookmarks. Hence the whole thing felt completely pointless.
I checked the top of the list, the bottom of the list, the page header, the page footer...
- por Usuario de Firefox 15070452, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Can't choice the folder.
Have to wait several minutes without possibility of using firefox.
Obtain an useless huge list (hard to find the folder you want to clean in this stupid list).
Nothing smart with this addon
- por Usuario de Firefox 12362774, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Funktioniert irgendwie nur so halb. Die meisten meiner "defekten" Lesezeichen haben noch wunderbar funktioniert. Bei Duplikaten fehlt mir eine Option Links in bestimmten Ordnern zu behalten oder so. Mindestens ein Button für exakte Duplikate im selben Ordner bis auf einen Link zu löschen.
Hat mir also nur wenig weiter geholfen. Wurde wieder deinstalliert.
- por Usuario de Firefox 14979172, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5das verstehe ich nicht: ich habe nach Überprüfung über 1000 Fehler - hatte meine Bookmarks extern sicherheitshalber gespeichert - muss ich 1000 x "entfernen" drücken???
- por Wireball, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Removing duplicate bookmarks has to be done one at a time, and requires moving the mouse and clicking "OK" on the confirmation that pops up for each one. Not useful if you have more than about twenty duplicates.
Not sure why this doesn't have batch selection (all but newest, for example) like Bookmark Dupes does.
- por Usuario de Firefox 14479868, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5There´s a lot of false positives. When the list is finished, you must start checking one by one to see if its really a deleted link or not. It needs lot of working.
- por MediaPuck, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Hi, am perfectly willing to change my rating - but as of right now = I get zero results. I had it run one week ago for a full day. It simply showed "0" on everything.
I have 124792 bookmarks [well, am online since 1993 :)]
So, it is virtually impossible that there is none broken, or double etc. I know for a fact that I have at least over 20 thousand doubles, because of a inadvertent new import after Xmars closed.
That was my reason for installing your extension, hoping to clean first before I use bookmarks also with my FVD account I have for speed dials.
Yes, of course I can do a manual check and clean with the library, but this would be silly if a extension like yours exist.
Firefox quantum 60.0.2
Your extension version: 2.0.1
I read over every comment here without being able to determine anything to solve my problem.
Hoping you will respond to the low star mark - and maybe there is an explanation for zero results.
I also tried it on my laptop, that is not synced to anything. The only identical setup is the old Xmarks bookmark folder structure.
I always kept the Xmarks clean on all my cpu's [had used them from their initiation date].
I should be able to get at least some number of duplicates from your extension.
Tests I did following last weeks zero result after an entire day run: Tried also with a new mozilla profile,
but still get no results.
I see that others here have no problem, so I need to find out what and why I get no results.
Ps: ich spreche auch Deutsch, sollte das fuer sie einfacher sein.
- por Cool Franz, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Overall it looks good and useful, however:
1) It doesn't explain why some bookmarks give an error
2) It returns as "errors" perfectly working bookmarks.
E.g. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/?src=search - It works fine but it's flagged as error
3) It should allow correcting multiple warnings/errors
4) Bookmarks paths are incomplete. This is very bad when trying to eliminate duplicates.
EDIT: that's it. After a couple of interactions it stopped working (I click check and nothing happens. Tried to close and reopen the tab, but it didn't solve. I'm going to uninstall it.
- por Usuario de Firefox 14025385, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5I can't figure how to use it. I had it search for "ERRORS". It found several, identified by a red dot in the HTML file it created, but my version does not have the delete all broken bookmarks thing to click on. Deleting them manually
would take a long time, but that does not work. I delete them in the HTML file, but they are still in my FireFox bookmarks.
It found about 5000 "Warnings" but I don't know what it is trying to warn me about.
I see in other review answers that I should be using version 2.0. How can I tell which version it is?
OK, now I can see it is version 2.0.1 by looking at the addons manager in firefox.
Is there a better way for me to reply other than editing my original comment?
I still cannot see a delete anything link. I took a screen capture. How can I sent it to you?
The Icon at the upper right says Hey. looks like there is a lot of cleanup to do, but does not show how to do that.There was NEVER a version without a link to remove all broken bookmarks so it's not possible at all that you don't have this feature.
For warnings you can see the original URL and the corrected URL, so I don't know what is not clear for you.
You can see in the add-on manager which version is installed.
Please don't give bad reviews only because you don't understand the user interface. You can ask questions on GitHub. But this add-on is working and giving bad reviews for working add-ons is really NOT okay…
- por Usuario de Firefox 13923730, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5I've installed it and I have a screen with a little box with 3 options of analysing bookmarks.
There are three balls rippling back and fore from small to large which I presume is telling me summat's happening, but - nothing's happening.
Half an hour now and Zero Bookmarks in the box on the screen.
Am I missing something ?
There IS also a box in which the words "Check bookmarks" appears. It is greyed out and cannot be selected.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13838283, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Great idea, but very slow for me. FF Quantum 58.0.2 (64-bit). 30MB/sec internet connection.
Scan started. Number of bookmarks: 9776
Somewhere around 9200 Checked it slowed down considerable.
After 9600 it slowed down so much I thought it stopped.
It is still checking, so I guess it is working.
It's Checked: 9638 Warnings: 4355 Errors: 2698
It has taken me over 20 minutes to get this far and at the current very slow rate it will take another 4 hours.
I assume it will have a method for fixinig errors and removing duplicates. I don't se that menu choice while it is scanning
Never completed scanning all bookmarks and I can't see how to fix errors and delete duplicates.Of course it's slow if Firefox has to open almost 10,000 websites!
Some servers do not respond. Bookmarks Organizer 2.0 will handle this situation and abort the request after 15 seconds so the "Never completed scanning" will be fixed with the next update (to be released this weekend).
> I can't see how to fix errors and delete duplicates.
Just click the "delete" as you can see it in the screenshot.
Please check out the new version in a few days. Thank you.
- por Harlan, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5I run FF 57.0.3 x64 under Win7 Pro x64. Finding empty folders and duplicated bookmarks works OK. Finding broken bookmarks appears to work until it hangs right at the end (363 total bookmarks, 360 scanned). It is still responsive, but it never finishes the scan. This add-on would fill a real need if it worked properly, but as it is I can't use it, so I've disabled it and will wait for improvements. I have other add-ons that deal nicely with empty folders and duplicated bookmarks.
- por berthoms, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5This add-on will only help you to find duplicates or broken bookmarks...
In any way IT WILL NOT help you to fix them! (e.g. you'll know that you have 10.000 duplicates and NO WAY to fix them !
As you may think when a buggy software makes duplicates, it can easily fullfill the whole space it gets in a few seconds. So, getting huge lots of wrong bookmarks is not a thing you did by hand, but it occurs... And knowing it has already occured with no tool to fix it, is a very poor help.
So, using an extension to tell me something is wrong, while I knew it yet, and would not have installed this plugin if I didn't know it, doesn't deserve a great valuation.
Go on further and provide a fix for the errors you detect, and I'll change my mind!
- por Proft, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5What's the point of finding duplicates if you can't go through the list and choose which ones to delete?
I've got 8200+ bookmarks and the "broken" bookmark detector has been running for over 10 minutes with absolutely no progress indication.
There are other, more feature-rich bookmark managers out there...uninstalling this add-on.Sorry, but I would never give bad reviews without contacting the developer about possible problems. I have more than 5,000 bookmarks and the add-on works for me.
And you can see the features of the add-on in the description and in the screenshots here on addons.mozilla.org. So I can't see where there should be a potential for surprises regarding features. If you have a feature request, please open a ticket on GitHub.
So it does NOT MAKE SENSE AT ALL to say "There are other, more feature-rich bookmark managers out there" because it does not make sense to install add-ons if you already know that the add-on is not what you want.
- por Usuario de Firefox 12849453, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Im not singling this addon out, literally every "book mark cleaner/organiser" that says it can detect dead pages fails in my experience.
Out of 1945 bookmarks it flagged 628 as warnings, and 10 errors. So, as with every bookmark checker/organiser ive tried I went through and checked manually...kinda defeating the purpose, and found 1 dead link
In this day and age with so many dynamically generated pages, im guessing we cant really expect anything to be 100%, but this was way off. I noticed almost all the warnings URLs were wanting to merely correct http:// to https://, is this really worth alarming a user with a huge number for...I don't think so. The remote website will switch to https:// automatically in most cases anyways. If people are that worried they should install https everywhere....
Post dev feedback reply:
You can mark my review as "invalid feedback - read the description before installing an add-on" all you like, my feedback is valid, and it stands.
And to quote you: "And you can read in the add-on's description that it's a feature of the add-on"
Show me where in the description it says it will want to redirect all http:// sites to https:// ....madness as most links are going to be http:// by default and should be left alone. Certainly no reason to mark them as "warnings" and want to tamper with them.http->https redirects are marked as warnings and not as errors, so I don't get your point. That's a FEATURE not a BUG. I know that a lot of users WANT to correct redirects. There was a long beta phase before the official release and there are more than enough users loving this feature. And you can read in the add-on's description that it's a feature of the add-on. If you don't want to see the redirect, you can hide these with ONE CLICK. So you have no reason to complain because of this feature.