- Se valoró con 2 de 5por MartyVanB, el hace un mesAs it does block some ads, it's not total garbage -- hence the second star -- but there are far, far better options that you should avail yourself of.
If you insist on using this, do please look at all the options to better understand that this is a service looking to upsell you to premium and purposefully allows certain ads to pass through its filter. Frankly, you shouldn't trust them.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 25 díasHi,
We are sorry to hear your experience with ABP has not been positive.
I believe you are referring to our Acceptable Ads program when saying that ABP "purposefully allows certain ads to pass through its filter." This program means that websites are permited to show certain ads on the page. However, those ads have to follow a series of criterias that are judged by a commitee (ie. not animated, non-intrusive, cannot block content, etc). Users can easily opt-out of seeing Acceptable Ads on their ABP settings page.
If you would like us to investigate any issues you are experiencing, don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to help!
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por piorunz, el hace 5 mesesRecently, picking objects on a page to block it have stopped working. If I click a simple jpg image, block it, it will be blocked during preview, but when I refresh the page, it's back again. And it's the same URL, not newly generated one. I have replaced Adblock Plus with "AdBlock — best ad blocker" and it's working fine. Any object can be blocked on a page now.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por Bill, el hace 5 mesesAdblock works when they want it to work. It blocks ads. It even allows you to make custom blocks. BUT it has no means to import custom lists you have already built. Which mean you have to re-import each rule one by one on each installation. Extremely tedious. Especially when you can include Adblock's own lists with a simple two clicks. Import was a feature they REMOVED in a previous version, for no obvious reason except to make the software less useful. If you like the pre-built lists, great. If you want to roll your own, Beware.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 15132463, el hace 5 mesesI used to be very satisfied of this add-on but it recently stopped working; happened on my parent's PC first but now on mine as well. You cannot check the three squares for manual blocking and the ads show up on Youtube at random moments whereas it used to block every single ad, also on other websites the ads show up now. It has become useless.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 17971734, el hace 8 mesesI have to turn ABP off for three out of five sites (for at least the page) I go to, which is annoying, but worse is that the option to block specific items on a page has disappeared and I'm now having to deal with all sorts of crap that are definitely not "unobtrusive" ads!
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 15092185, el hace 8 mesesFeatures I'd happily pay for to support development are locked to a recurring subscription. Offer one-time purchase or not at all. I'm moving on to another ad blocking service.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 14437062, el hace 8 mesesi just got a new laptop, i've used abp for years without issue. now i can't see the stop sign icon and it doesn't seem to want to block ads anymore... thought it was a ME issue but it looks like others are having trouble too... please get this fixed it was a great tool now it's nothing :-/