To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Social Fixer 19.0.0 Compatible with Firefox 57+
Social Fixer for Facebook fixes annoyances, adds features, and enhances existing functionality to make FB more fun and efficient. Filter the news feed, hide sponsored posts and political posts, hide parts of the page you don't want to see, and more!
About this Add-on
- Filter posts in the news feed by content, author, link url, and more
- Built-in Filter Subscriptions let you just pick a filter and use it without knowing how it works
- Pre-defined filters include hiding Sponsored Posts, Political posts, things your friends like, and much more.
- Hide posts you've read and are done with, so they don't appear in the news feed anymore
- Select from a list of Display Tweaks to customize the interface, or write your own with CSS
- Force FB to stay on the Most Recent feed
- Hide parts of the page you don't want to see, like panels in the left or right columns.
- Comment Navigator lets you expand all comments and replies to a post, and highlight comments that are older than an age you specify
- Tips point you to built-in Facebook settings and options and suggest values to make your experience better
- Stealth Mode hides Like buttons, Comment areas, etc so you can browse Facebook without accidentally interacting with posts you don't intend to
- Show full timestamps on posts, rather than relative times like "1 hr ago"
- Anonymize for screenshots with one click - hide friend names, group names, profile pictures, etc. If you want to share a conversation or screenshot but not your privacy, anonymize first.
Filters and Tweaks are updated regularly and automatically available to you to use without any additional work. Features will be added continuously to make your Facebook experience as great as possible!
After a long hiatus, Social Fixer has been completely re-written from scratch to be more robust, have more features, and be ready for continuous updates!
"Friend Manager" [Under the Wrench Menu]: The most requested feature is finally back. This tells you when someone unfriends you, when someone re-friends you, and when someone changes their name. Coming soon there will be other features as well!
Search Options: The Options dialog now has a search field in the upper right to quickly find the option you're looking for
"NOT" Contains in Filters [Filters]: Post filter conditions can now have "NOT Contains" as the expression. This allows you to filter all posts about a sport, but not those about your favorite team, for example.
Hide Posts Message [Hide Posts]: In the "Hide Posts" tab used for simple filtering, you can now choose to NOT display a message where hidden posts would have been.
Significant Fixes and Changes
FIXED: The initial delay in post processing when the news feed loads has been reduced to almost zero for most users.
FIXED: "Replace Text" actions in filters stopped working correctly.
NEW: When moving a post filtering rule UP in the list, holding Ctrl while clicking will move the filter to the top.
NEW: There is now an "X" to close the "Control Panel" that appears in the upper left of the screen. Doing so will warn about the exact features and filters which will be disabled without the Control Panel.
NEW: "Hide" filters won't affect posts from Social Fixer, to avoid posts about certain filters from being hidden by the filters they are talking about.
NEW: Notifications Popup - If Ctrl is held down while clicking the popup link, it will open the popup in a tab insead of new window.
CHANGE: The "Max post load count" can now be changed directly in the "more posts" footer at the bottom of the news feed.
FIXED: "Hide Your Birthday" tip wasn't working.
FIXED: Posts were not being filtered for some users after a Facebook code change.
REMOVED: "Trending" enhancements were removed after Facebook's code changed broke them.
Under The Hood / Technical Details
The special :contains() selector in filters can now be a regular expression, like "^Sponsored$"
Changed: "Reset Position" to "Find Wrench Menu" and same for control panel
Improvements/Fixes to "Mark Read" feature
Fixed: The "pinned" post in the User Support Group was not being styled correctly after a FB code change
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: