Reviews for PocketTube: Youtube Subscription Manager
PocketTube: Youtube Subscription Manager by Dima Nabok
Review by Aditya
- Rated 1 out of 5by matheus2309, 6 hours agoThis:
"Rating only for visibility and will adjust later. With the new YouTube subscriptions layout, forcing 6 videos per line, when removing one type of videos, say shorts, the grid is left with gaps. It would be nice if those gaps could be removed and make the flow of videos continuous." by BillyCool
These gaps ruined my feed. I ll rate different if this gets fixed.
Developer responseposted 24 minutes agoIt'll be next week version 15.3.1, it's already available for Chrome, but the Firefox review is so slow.
- Rated 2 out of 5by MetalTxus, 11 hours agoMost features are either locked or severely restricted behind a paywall. And while the "play all" button shows up for subscriptions on Chrome it doesn't for Firefox.
Developer responseposted 11 hours agoThe base features аre free. Watch the full tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4iX53Qg2sE If you need more, become my supporter. It takes time to update the extension every time Youtube changes internally.
- Rated 1 out of 5by BillyCool, 2 days agoRating only for visibility and will adjust later. With the new YouTube subscriptions layout, forcing 6 videos per line, when removing one type of videos, say shorts, the grid is left with gaps. It would be nice if those gaps could be removed and make the flow of videos continuous.
Developer responseposted 2 days agoIt's crazy, you rated my extension with 1 star because YouTube updated the layout itself, but PocketTube already supports filtering there. It's not broken, there is no way to hide free space after filtering in the new layout. It is a youtube solution for the layout and I can't change it. I think no one extension can't do it without spaces for the layout.
I can suggest using our internal feed by the group if you want a grid view as before. Watch the part of the tutorial: https://youtu.be/r4iX53Qg2sE?t=232
- Rated 5 out of 5by Foxy Roxy, 5 days agoSort your Youtube subscriptions into categories or tags, yes please! Export and import your subscriptions across accounts, yes please X2.
Easily see all the new videos from your subs by category, amazing! After ublock Origin, this is the 2nd best extension.
Developer responseposted 5 days agoThanks so much! So glad PocketTube has been helpful for you, and really appreciate this awesome feedback!
- Rated 3 out of 5by birgit, 18 days agoThe filter "shorts/live" doesn't work. And shorts become more and more annoying. It would be awesome if this could be fixed.
EDIT: I disabled all other addons and the toggles "shorts/live" dont effect anything. Only "uploads" work but this effects all the videos. I tested this on firefox and chrome
I sent you the screenshots
Okay now it works in Chrome, but the thing is, I use this addon to not have to login on youtube/google.
Would be awesome if this feature could be added. Thanks for your support.
Developer responseposted 18 days agoI checked, and it is working as expected. Try to disable other extensions, maybe you have a conflict.
Edit: I can't reproduce it and don't have similar requests. Send me screenshots on email@example.com
Edit2: thank you, you should log in on YouTube, PocketTube uses your account to identify video type, mark as watched, and many other features. When you'll be logged in it'll be working.
- Rated 4 out of 5by R Vamsi Krishna, a month agoThe extension is a good one, not complaining about that. My reason for rating is that the extension stores my data(my subscriptions) even after i logout of my YouTube account.(Like if my brother(or someone else) uses the same laptop/PC after i logged out of my YouTube account(or google account) he/she can still access my YouTube subscriptions by using this extension, isn't that a problem you must take care of as a developer?).
I hope that this extension can provide feature for different(multiple accounts on same device) accounts differently(i hope you get what i am trying to say).
Edit:I am changing the rating as i genuinely liked this extension, but i would install it again when i get the above mentioned feature.
Developer responseposted a month agoNo, it's not a problem. For your privacy, we store all of your data locally in a browser. Only you have access to them.
Just use another browser profile if you want a multi-account. It's not a reason for two stars. We didn't promise to support multi-account under one profile because it is not easy to implement and doesn't have demand by our users.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Lordraz, 2 months agoLove the addon, but it seems the April update to Youtube has caused it to stop working. 8(
Edit: The ability to filter(hide shorts/viewed videos) the subscriptions page seem to have gone away and it was reverted back to the large grid view instead of the smaller grid thumbnails.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoHello, it was fixed several days ago. It's available for Chrome/Edge store.
Unfortunately, the version is not available on Firefox yet, and I am still waiting for the review. They review only during the working day. So maybe it will be today or next week.
Edit: the new version 15.1.4 is available for Firefox too, and the issue is completely resolved.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Tony, 2 months agoThis extension single handedly placed the giant Youtube into perspective. Thank you.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoThanks so much, Tony! So glad PocketTube has been helpful for you, and really appreciate this awesome feedback!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16641094, 3 months agoAfter I started using this extension the channel unsubscribe button
Developer responseposted 3 months agoIt's not related to my extension, I can't reproduce it. Try to disable other extensions, I think there is a conflict with something.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Dizz, 3 months agoSync data with Google Drive feature not working as it should be recently, it keep logout automatically without any sign so I have to keep redo the sync steps.
I reinstalled PocketTube addon yesterday like 20+ hours ago, import backup json file and enable Sync data with Google Drive again.
It works for now.
If the problem still happens, I will update information in this post.
Still happens but less frequent, it happens like 3~5 times a day now happens once a day. But still don't know why it happens.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoIt's weird. Try to disable other extensions; maybe there is a conflict with something. Also, maybe some firefox settings can apply on sync, but I'm not sure.