Update Feature Rated 4 out of 5 stars
I really do like this Add-on but I feel a bit out of control when it comes to updates. I'm innocently sitting there and suddenly Youtube HD opens a new tab to announce it just updated.
Maybe a feature where it gives us a notification that an update is available rather than force the update on us. It feels like a virus sometimes when it does that all on it's own...
love this, but... Rated 5 out of 5 stars
i love this. done, but, i would like for you to add an option for audio 1.25x, etc. i often like to watch videos at 25% faster, so this would be nice to make automatic as well. something to think about.
Steal attention on update Rated 3 out of 5 stars
Although being a great addon, I really don't like aggressive opening of your personal website on update. With 290k users it was totally ddosed anyway.
new feature request Rated 5 out of 5 stars
music - motivation/funny videos
Stop Autoplay in Background Tabs Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Currently there is only an option to auto play or auto pause in all tabs but not only the background tabs. Using the middle mouse button to open several videos in the background tab is really convenient if the video in the foreground tab can auto play while those in the background tabs can auto pause until I switch to that tab.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (46.0).
Annotations bug Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Been using for a long time YTHD, and it's a grate add-on. But, for some time now, disabling the annotations doesn't work. Tried it on different machines, but always in Win7 on FF. Could you please fix it? I really miss that option. Thanks and grate job!This review is for a previous version of the add-on (46.0).
Amazing Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Was getting so annoyed with having to select high quality every time so I installed an add-on that did it for me but it had stopped working a while ago. So for the past few days I had been looking for alternatives and had tried a few others. This is by far the best one I have found that does what I want/need without problems. Furthermore it was easy to use/setup and has a nice looking interface. I highly recommended this for anyone who uses YouTube...This review is for a previous version of the add-on (46.0).
The perfect YouTube experience Rated 5 out of 5 stars
If YouTube had any brains at all they'd make this add-on obsolete by incorporating every one of its features into their default player. But as we all know YouTube development has been taken over by monkeys at coding terminals. Turning off auto-play, enabling auto HD, and setting the size to full-page makes YouTube just about perfect. The only thing this add-on is missing is the ability to reverse playlists, because playing from newest to oldest is pants-on-head retarded. But that's not Baris' fault. Still, how about it? I'd give six stars if you did.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (46.0).
Gorgerous ! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Love this Add-on Hight Definition supper Powerful ! Thanks ...This review is for a previous version of the add-on (46.0). This user has a previous review of this add-on.
Exellent addon Rated 5 out of 5 stars
YouTube HD is available for other browsers?This review is for a previous version of the add-on (45.0).
Awesome, but recently... Rated 5 out of 5 stars
This has been an awesome add-on. Over the past couple of days, I've noticed that annotations have remained enabled even though I have opted to disable them. This remains the case in both Windows 10 with other add-ons that disable annotations. I'm wondering if YouTube has tweaked something to prevent people from disabling annotations.
At any rate, this a very useful add-on with plenty of user options to configure. Thank you very much!
EDIT: It seems to work fine in Linux, but annotations remain enabled when using the latest Firefox on Windows 10 Professional (64-bit).
Great , although ... Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Excellent, although there are minor incompatibilities with Linux version. On Ubuntu OS there is a problem with 'autoplay' option.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (45.0).
annotations gone on linux! also, LGPL? Rated 5 out of 5 stars
1) annotations are removed!
2) descriptions are expanded!
3) resolution options work!
4) simple, clean UI
5) updates to addon take effect on page reload or opening a new tab etc
1) addon page says its LGPLv3 licensed, but it doesnt include any mention of the license in the XPI. would you please consider adding a 'COPYING' file or clarifying the license in bootstrap.js, etc?
2) homepage link doesnt take you to anything useful for this addon, afaict. if a source repository exists, could you add a link for that?
3) 'Annotations ' checkbox in youtube remains checked, even though annotations dont actually show up if you have the 'Turn off annotations ' checkbox in the addon checked. i personally dont care about this, but this is probably why some people report the feature not working at all.
4) same goes for resolution, when the chosen resolution is above the maximum. the correct resolution seems like its chosen, but the option in youtube is actually empty. if you explicitly pick '1080p', and the video has '1080p', then it shows up as '1080p', but if you select 'Highest resolution' or '1440p', the video plays in '1080p' but the option is blank.
5) EDIT: ok, so you CANNOT switch the video quality in individual videos. if you do, the video reloads like its going to switch quality, then reloads the same quality, and displays the WRONG quality. you can quickly tell which quality is really playing by clicking on that quality in the dropdown on youtube's selector. if the video is playing in 720p, and you click on '720p', the video will not reload, but if you click on '360p' the video will reload. if you do the same things again, the same things happens, since '720p' is still what is playing, despite the fact that the dropdown says '360p'.
this is not necessarily a problem, as long as you always just want the highest quality and dont share your computer with anyone who doesnt know how the addon works. (this is not true for me, but i can just change it in the addon instead of in the youtube ui)
iceweasel 44 on linux 4.5.0 (wm=xmonad, no desktop environment)
addon version 44.2
Get this now all you Utubers....... Rated 5 out of 5 stars
This software gives UTube videos a new life, clearer bigger and I believe better sounding too. Love itThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (44.2).
Usefull tool Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I am usinf from a month this tool, it is very usefill and simpleThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (44.2).
Check this site where the video starts automatically despite not allowing that. Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Check "RolandChannel - YouTube" at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4vbiZMU_yrheYVZH393-Zw
On this page, the video starts automatically even though I have clearly set this addon YouTube High Definition to prevent videos from starting automatically anywhere!
I do not why, for this particular page, it does not work.
I used AutoPause everywhere on the options for this addon.
Many thanks to the developer for this excellent addon. Highly recommended.
1a Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Top now it works with Firefox 44 Final! THXThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (44.1). This user has a previous review of this add-on.
Делает то что должен + постоянная поддержка работоспособности Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Попробовал как-то другой какой-то популярный аддон для автовыставления качества видео, так при нескольких промотках видео переставало воспроизводиться из-за ошибки, а тут всё работает + автор постоянно обновляет расширение, поддерживая его работоспособностьThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (43.10).
Хорош!! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Один из нормальных и работающих. Жаль только иконка приложения плохая, выбивается из стиля FF и портит вид на панели... И не хватает включения темной темы...This review is for a previous version of the add-on (42.6).
Must have Rated 5 out of 5 stars
This addon instantly gained spot in all of my computers. Simply to set up and then forget.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (42.6).