- by Barry Ryder, 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5Every now and again they break this extension and you can't load pages in Firefox until you disable it. Currently we have the same problem. With the extension enabled, you can't resolve any sites anywhere. Been this way nearly two weeks now.
- by Firefox user 15044373, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5Расширение было классным, но испортилось совсем.
1. Они стали редиректить многие ссылки через smartredirect.de. Пришлось даже гуглить, что это за хрень.
2. при перезагрузке браузера расширение самостоятельно включается, это ДИКО бесит и может стать причиной бана иногда (если был залогинен на сайте и теперь зашёл с прокси)
- by Kostas, 7 months agoRated 2 out of 5The thing is I am generally happy with the app. Plus it has really candid deals. So I purchased it... But as I was interested in two alluded locations ( Chile and Peru ) I discovered that neither of them works ...I asked for help and had no reply ( during two weeks now ) It worked very good for other locations and I am perfectly willing to change my rating if you take my problem in consideration... a good app nevertheless...
- by Sergey Twersky, 8 months agoRated 2 out of 5Fantastic unstable connection when i am use another DNS with this settings:
Can you fix this problem?
- by Clares, 10 months agoRated 2 out of 5Works fine until it doesn't. PRetty frequently hangs the whole browser. This has been a thing for ages and doesn't seem like devs hurry to provide a solution unfortunately
- by Firefox user 12480023, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Addon faulty on multiple occasions. - It will turn itself on and off every 1 second until disabled through firefox settings.
While it is acting in this way, it is impossible to load a page or use the on/off button due to the connection state changing faster than a human can press the off button.
Windscribe as a vpn is fine but the firefox addon is not recommended.
- by Firefox user 15133630, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I have not been using Windscribe 24/7; only at select times. But apparently at some point its configuration set itself to run when the browser starts, and ran itself out of data. Curiously, it also thought that this was October (it's actually the middle of December).
Lastly, the nagging to upgrade is ubiquitous and annoying enough to cause me to seriously contemplate uninstalling the app permanently. It promises anonymity and warns about invasive ads - then floods you with its own.
- by Firefox user 14791337, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5It works and there are no real issues with it. The data cap on free users is very low at 2gb, i went through that in about an hour or two. They do not let you signup your email if its considered (by them) to be a disposable email, i used a mail.com email and it was rejected. this pretty much annoyed me because it is by no means a "disposable email". While it functioned it is pretty much useless as a free application.
- by bennybaconburger, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5This extension is fine. It does a bunch of stuff. I love Windscribe and think it's a great option for a light-use VPN.
That being said, it is just better to get the desktop version of the app instead. The only way I would justify choosing the extension over the desktop app would be if you were using a portable version of Firefox. Otherwise, get their desktop application.
Secondly, I was having an issue where Firefox was starting up and then not loading my home page (www.google.com). At first I blamed it on uBlock, but then I did some debugging and found that this extension blocks the first page from loading when Firefox starts. My guess is it has something to do with either the extension refusing to initially load the page, or if Firefox doesn't want to load a page on startup until all extensions are loaded. Either way, I'd rather remove the extension than use a different browser. :(
Edit: After reading further reviews, it has been made clear by Windscribe that they have only put priority on the Chrome extension and have not been updating this problem despite its being reported on their subreddit.
Edit 7/7/19: While I'm not acquainted with the add-ons rollout system, I feel that three months does not qualify as soon. I really do want the extension to be updated; it hasn't yet!
Edit 8/26/19: Now that I'm reading the developer response again, going into excess of 4 months does not qualify as 'very soon' in my opinion.