- Rated 3 out of 5by DeineMudda69, a month agoDoesn't show the "view image" button. It has all the permissions but does nothing as of February 2024. However, right-click and "open image in new tab" seems to work.
- Rated 4 out of 5by PleasantParrot, 4 months agoThis add-on works when combined with the 'Google Images Restored' plugin which reverts to the old layout.
Though it'd be nice if the dev updated it to work with the new layout.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Marty, 4 months agoSo far, View Image has worked reliably and when you clicked on View Image, the photo was opened in a new tab. Unfortunately, it no longer works. Please update the extension. I therefore give the full 5 stars because it has always worked reliably before and because I am enthusiastic about this extension. Addendum, since February 2nd 2024 this extension no longer works, as Google has apparently tinkered with Google Image Search again.
- Rated 3 out of 5by jmb, 4 months agoThis add-on usually works great but maybe because of constant updates to Firefox or Google, it's been inconsistent for the last 4 to 6 months, it seems, so that's why 3 stars instead of the usual 5 stars. It's really helpful, so I'd like to ask the dev, Joshua B., if he can please try to work out the issues it's been having. All of us really appreciate your work and have come to rely on it. We know you don't owe us anything, but we'd all thank you a lot if you can maybe do it when you have some time. Thanks for providing this to the community and we hope it gets resolved soon!
- Rated 1 out of 5by phoenix, 6 months agoThis addon has stopped working for me again. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? This happened 4 months ago and was corrected, but now it hasn't worked for 3 days and counting.
- Rated 4 out of 5by slawnkale, 9 months agoAfter a while of defunction, "view image" button is back and working. Thank you dev! But I'm afraid at the moment "search by image" of this addon is not workings. So, that's why four stars, instead of five.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14178089, 10 months agoNo longer working. Replaced it with custom user script for greasemonkey (I had it installed anyway for many user scripts):
(taken from: https://github.com/bijij/ViewImage/issues/268#issuecomment-1476294452 )
- Rated 5 out of 5by Sigma, 10 months agoEDIT - The new update fixes the issues, so I've changed my rating to 5 stars.
ORIGINAL REVIEW - Not currently working, however, there is a userscript that does work posted in the Github discussion on this extension: -
That works fine. Hopefully the extension will be updated toon.