- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16910575, a month agoI've been using this extension for some time now, but it seems like it was blocking PayPal - couldn't sign in to the website. When I disabled this add-on all went normal with PayPal. I've read that there's a risk involved with extensions like this one that request "Access your data for all websites" - because they can read usernames and passwords. Since this add-on is not monitored nor updated I decided to remove it.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Storm, 7 months ago3 stars only because of security issues!!!
The blacklist it has now is NOT the way to go! There should be a white list to enabled the extension only on the most common video sites.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Nathaniel, a year agoEasy to use, works most of the time but sometimes stops working, fixed by reinstalling the plugin then refreshing the webpage.
But dodgy sounding permissions required: it demands "Access your data for all websites" which means according to mozzila it "can read... [the] data you enter such as usernames and passwords."
I don't know if it actually does, but I uninstall it when not using it.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Roman, a year agoIt's good but the controls are showing up right in the middle of the video. Tried hiding the controls but they would come back after a few minutes. Tried moving them as well, same result. Hope they can get it fixed.
- Rated 3 out of 5by tpa77l3, 2 years agoThis extension is excellent. The keyboard shortcuts (which are customizable) are all you need to control it. Speed can be set to what you want and a hotkey can be used to go to a preset speed that you likely use all the time.
Another user has brought issue up; it can be found on GitHub by clicking the 'support URL' on the extensions main page, clicking on 'issues' and then searching for "data". The dev did come back to the user and point that although the extension has "root" access to the browser no information is passed out externally.
- Rated 3 out of 5by natsuozawa, 2 years agoIt does the job, but whenever I pause/skip the video the speed is reverted back to 1.00 (on some websites)
- Rated 3 out of 5by aceg364, 3 years agoHi, I added this extention to use on my android phone, but it isnt designed for mobile use is it? Can you advise?
- Rated 3 out of 5by shafto, 3 years agoStrange choice of adding websites to exceptions by default. I only installed it to control playback speed on twitter. If I was any less careful, I would've thought the extension doesn't work.
- Rated 3 out of 5by BB, 3 years agoAudio is not good when u go for 2x and above.Please work on audio (android add-on)
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThe audio quality comes from Firefox and has nothing to do with the add-on itself.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12357851, 4 years agosome video servers like rapidvideo doesn't load the plugin, then it cannot control its playrate
- Rated 3 out of 5by Fred, 4 years agoI liked that it worked by keyboard but I dont want that icon on the video all the time. Also it disorts the sound too much by slowing or speeding it up (which is prolly a yt thing because the same disortion happens when I use the yt speed settings). When I can use my software player with slow or fast vids and change the speed there than the sound is perfect.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Sytrus, 4 years agoThe speed drops down to 1.00 when you enter and exit full-screen mode.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Rodrigo, 4 years agoVery usefull addon, but I'm having a issue. IDK why but this addon is making it impossible to load some sites. And it happens only at Firefox, e.g. for acess this site: https://www.noalvo.com/ I have to disable the addon, If I turn it on, the site dosen't load... I'm also thinking that the addon is responsable to use a lot of ram memory
- Rated 3 out of 5by Noober, 4 years agoI do not like using keyboard. I like my mouse. Also, put the controls together with the YouTube's controls. I mean, add x3 to YouTube's standard set of buttons. i do not like any additional icons in my browser. Just mix your soft with YouTube's GUI in the browser window.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoWith Video Speed Controller you can control the speed of any HTML5 video on any website not just on Youtube.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14289831, 5 years agook so i love this add-on... on chrome. the audio quality starts glitching out on anything over 2.00 speed on firefox. i usually watch youtube videos at 2.50+ but i can't deal with the robotic sound on firefox. however i really do prefer firefox and would rather switch over to firefox, but this video speed issue is the only thing stopping me. not sure if it's an add-on problem or just a firefox issue that can't be helped.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoWe should escalate this further to Mozilla because it's a Firefox issue.
See these bug reports:
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13127361, 5 years agoused to work flawlessly on firefox for android up until a recent update was released, now everytime you load up a video the controls stay onscreen for 5 seconds and then disappear. the only way to get them to show up again is to pause and unpause the video.