- Rated 5 out of 5by Hammad, 3 years agoThis user-agent switcher saved me a lot of reboots. I am running a dual boot Windows 10 / Ubuntu environment. I needed to use a website that doesn't validate Ubuntu as a compatible OS. Now I can use that website just by switching the user-agent to Windows. Great work! Thank you for making this add-on.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Synetech, 3 years agoIt's fairly good, but it has some big issues:
(0) *** It needs to allow per-site overrides. You should be able to set a global user-agent string, but override it with a different one for specific sites. ***
(1) It doesn't get regular updates to keep the user-agent string up-to-date with new browser versions.
(2) If you modify the string of a combination of OS+browser, there is no way to reset it to the default, and the change will be retained even if uninstalling and reinstalling.
(3) No option to save a custom string; if you change the agent, the custom string is lost.
(4) No option for random agent.