Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by Noitidart, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent, would you be willing to allow an open source collaborator to help you make this restartless, and add support for file:// URI images? I can help you out.
- by Firefox user 10964942, 5 years agoRated 2 out of 5While I kinda like the TinEye clean website, Addon and the geeky symbol, there is a major flaw that the search results are mostly poor and don't yield any or too few results compared to the big competitor. (google)
Had to uninstall, but still have sympathy for TinEye.
- by Malebolgia Hellbourne, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5I have used tineye in the past, and enjoyed it, but recently I am having issues getting any reverse image to work besides the hated google, which is suspicious. So I went to the tineye web site, found the contact tab and the number to call. With a +1 and a regular area code I called them. Then I get a message on my phone I am being charged. I call my carrier to ask why, I havn't done anything. They told me the number, from tineye didn't accept cellular usage and sent the charge back to your phone. There were no warnings or discription of it being redirected to a foriegn number, or that a charge would occur. My carrier was very professional, and after I told them what had happened they refunded my money. Tineye isn't working anyway, not only a pain but now was being charged trying to recieve customer support.. draw your own conclusions.
- by LonMcGregor, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5Tineye doesn't always find the picture you want but most of the time it works great. All this addon does is add a quick shortcut, but it does that great. No issues here.
- by Matthijs, 7 years agoRated 4 out of 5Technically, works like a charm. Functionally seems like it hasn't crawled the biggest portion of pic on the net.
Developer responseposted 7 years agoTinEye indexes images on the web and if it has not found some images that's because we haven't indexed them yet. Facebook and most other social networking sites don't allow indexing of their images, so we can't find images on a social networking site.
We are constantly crawling the web and expanding TinEye's index. You can see updates on our index size at http://tineye.com/updates
- by trencapins, 8 years agoRated 1 out of 5Not good at all compared to google image reverse search. Tried on a couple of images which are uploaded to flickr, deviantart, and wikipedia and none was found...
- by Alex, 8 years agoRated 2 out of 5I started using the TinEye reverse search a long time ago. At the time, they offered a unique and useful service. The add-on was well done, the DB was growing and there was no competition.
Then, Google introduced their own reverse image search. For a while I was running add-ons for both services and checking images on both, but it became evident that TinEye cannot compete with Google's offering. About a month ago I uninstalled the TinEye add-on.
TL;DR version: Use one of the Google reverse search add-ons instead.
- by nayhem, 8 years agoRated 5 out of 5Haven't seen anything like this in … ever. It is very thorough, able to find images that have been edited, resized, cropped, or vary in color. It even finds "meme" versions of images, like (de)motivators, macros, and inserts in comics.
Have a tiny thumbnail? You can probably find a wallpaper version that goes with it, if it's out there. Produce your own artwork or photos? You can find those [negligent souls] who are using (or selling!) your work without permission.
Only bad thing is that their catalog doesn't cover every single image ever created. ("Oh boo hoo, it didn't find my one photo I just took so I'm rating it 1 star…")
- by Wellington, 8 years agoRated 3 out of 5Limited results. Would be great if it could compete. I just looked up a photo of a bass boat on craigslist and Tineye claimed it was the only photo when in reality the crooks listing it have listed the photo all over the internet. I just looked at a Tineye review elsewhere on the net from 2008 with similar limited results. If its going to improve it needs it more quickly than that. I will give them at least an average rating hoping for improvement on what could be an opportunity.