- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12744019, 6 days agoIn about:config you can only choose 'true' or 'false'.
There is no 'toggle'.
The highlighting works, but there is no sound/voice.
"Note 2: HTML5 TTS API is still a work in progress and may encounter crashes or errors. If the API is not active in your browser, please go to "about:config" page and search for "webspeech" keyword. Once you find "media.webspeech.synth.enables" item, right-click on it and click - Toggle - to enable it."
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17523261, 2 months agoTerrible UX - opening a separate window for a seemingly simple function defeats the whole purpose of an addon. Waste of 5 mins of my life (including 2 mins reviewing this).
- Rated 1 out of 5by Nihil Adest, 4 months agoThere is no speed or pitch options, so it's extremely slow. It is opens up into a big pop up that when you click off of it goes away which is also very annoying.
- Rated 1 out of 5by bodwyn, a year agoNot criticising _intended_ functionality.
I haven't used it much - I tend to use Read-Aloud, but it breaks the ability to change font in Gmail: select text, click to choose font, text is unselected, so whatever font is chosen is not applied. Disable this add-on, and I can change font in Gmail.
FINALLY found out why! Bye!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13271888, 2 years agoIt's great that this was the first really good TTS extension for Firefox, however as others have pointed out it is quite buggy.
The most serious bug is that having it enabled makes most website GUI buttons behave wrong or not at all. I can only use the extension if I enable it. Refresh the page that I want read aloud, and then disable it after. That means that I only use it for long texts where I am going to stop everything and listen to it read.
Regardless, thanks for your efforts in being the first to create a decent TTS app. That is a milestone.