- by matif525, a year agoRated 4 out of 5This is a good addon. I don't know why it is underrated. Maybe it's because sometimes it doesn't speaks whole sentence but word by word. There is also a small bug that if I enabled the addon, I can't not use drag-text function which is original in Firefox. Hope it will improve.
- by Firefox user 13409342, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5A pretty nice and interactive tool, that doesn't work on all websites however.
I also noticed a bug in the extra text window that opens up when you click on the extension icon:
Once the text inside the text field was read out loud to the end, nor it no any other text you paste in there can be read until the "Reload UI" button is pressed.
Also give me a dark theme, please \[#_#]/
- by Loquacious1, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Works like a charm for me, saves my having to read the browser by highlighting text and pressing a button! Doesn't get much better than that...
UPDATE: Broke with the last Windows Update, prevents highlighting to right click then copy/paste. Have submitted a detailed bug report and disabled the extension. Also it would be nice if the speaker button was less obtrusive and had more of an offset from my cursor and text. It gets in the way! Please take time to work on this extension and possibly improve on it with speed and pitch options. I'm going to miss it.
- by Firefox user 14057529, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5I've just started to use the addon. The Google TTS API sounds much better than the HTML5 one of course. But I am immediately struck by the fact that it speaks slower than I can read. So it's great for when I'm tired of reading, but it would be a fine addition to be able to increase or decrease the speed of the voice, depending on the technical difficulty of the text.
- by Firefox user 12672294, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Классное дополнение, но понятно что не все еще допилили . Не читает русские сайты и наоборот читает английский pdf файл русским голосом. А если надо учить только произношение на английском очень всем рекомендую.
Если заменить API c HTML5 на Google, тогда распознает языки правильно. Правда будут ограничения на перевод текста.
- by Firefox user 13542505, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I regularly use TTS due to vision limitations. I like this program, but it does not work on all browser loaded pages. It should work on any and all highlighted text. Also I would like to be able to change the voice to other standard voices.