- Rated 4 out of 5by Loquacious1, 5 years agoWorks like a charm for me, saves my having to read the browser by highlighting text and pressing a button! Doesn't get much better than that...
UPDATE: Broke with the last Windows Update, prevents highlighting to right click then copy/paste. Have submitted a detailed bug report and disabled the extension. Also it would be nice if the speaker button was less obtrusive and had more of an offset from my cursor and text. It gets in the way! Please take time to work on this extension and possibly improve on it with speed and pitch options. I'm going to miss it.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14126355, 5 years agoDoesn't work, highlighted some text, clicked button, nothing happens
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14057529, 5 years agoI've just started to use the addon. The Google TTS API sounds much better than the HTML5 one of course. But I am immediately struck by the fact that it speaks slower than I can read. So it's great for when I'm tired of reading, but it would be a fine addition to be able to increase or decrease the speed of the voice, depending on the technical difficulty of the text.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14047122, 5 years agoClicking the speaker just hangs at loading animation. Also, I can't find any evidence that "morni colhkher" is a real person. The homepage consists of mostly filler text. It is hosted on "MyBrowserAddon" which is faceless and nameless, and has no company info and no login- you have to use a contact form to "start an open-source project"
- Rated 1 out of 5by aliilbegi, 5 years agodoes notz work properly, when the icon appears after highlighting the text, and clicking on the icon, it keeps on showing as if its loading (circular motion) but nothing happens...
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13842827, 5 years agoI can't recall ever using it much - BUT in the Linux eco system (Debian based), it keeps on adding more and more and more "speech dispatcher" streams to the Audio channel / sound mixer.
And like most frustrating things - there is no way to stop this process of every time open another webpage with readable contents, it opens another audio stream / channel.
And they do not seem to close down when I shut down the web pages...
So I'd say this is not actually a fault, as a for instance if I were to open 3 or 4 sets of the VLC media player, I'd get exactly the same thing.
I'd rather see it as a single program, with branches into the websites, instead of multiples of the same program, going into the different wesites...
- Rated 4 out of 5by Macadamia Owl, 5 years agoIts very helpful. Im a low vision person and im really happy that i found this addon!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13743528, 5 years agoThe voice is horrible. It sounds like a worsened version of Stephen Hawking's computer voice. 1 Star
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 12672294, 5 years agoКлассное дополнение, но понятно что не все еще допилили . Не читает русские сайты и наоборот читает английский pdf файл русским голосом. А если надо учить только произношение на английском очень всем рекомендую.
Если заменить API c HTML5 на Google, тогда распознает языки правильно. Правда будут ограничения на перевод текста.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13542505, 5 years agoI regularly use TTS due to vision limitations. I like this program, but it does not work on all browser loaded pages. It should work on any and all highlighted text. Also I would like to be able to change the voice to other standard voices.
- Rated 4 out of 5by meteorquake, 5 years agoWorks very well for me; having tried to use the windows narrator and acrobat read aloud, this worked like a dream! thanks.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13517673, 5 years agoJust doesn't work I'm on Firefox 57.0 on windows 10 app just flat out doesn't do shit.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13475492, 5 years agoyou need to be able to control the speed of the speech. as well as a choice of different voices.
generally ok but i find it hard to keep up with such a fast speed.
which defeats the purpose!