- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16322130, 3 months agoBasically, it does nothing. I think that it didn't install the voices because I don't listen to any voices. I am on Firefox – Arch Linux – Kernel 6.1.12 – x86_64.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12744019, 4 months agoIn about:config you can only choose 'true' or 'false'.
There is no 'toggle'.
The highlighting works, but there is no sound/voice.
"Note 2: HTML5 TTS API is still a work in progress and may encounter crashes or errors. If the API is not active in your browser, please go to "about:config" page and search for "webspeech" keyword. Once you find "media.webspeech.synth.enables" item, right-click on it and click - Toggle - to enable it."
- Rated 5 out of 5by 𝓚𝓘𝓢𝓢_ℳႸ_𝓦𝓔𝓔𝓓, 5 months agoVERY NICE !! ONLY I WISH IT HAD AN SPEED CONTROL & GIRL VOICE :D
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17523261, 5 months agoTerrible UX - opening a separate window for a seemingly simple function defeats the whole purpose of an addon. Waste of 5 mins of my life (including 2 mins reviewing this).
- Rated 3 out of 5by Bruno Stroobandt, 6 months agoHet gebruikt de TTS van windows. Dat werkt, maar die automatische taal herkenning???
- Rated 1 out of 5by Nihil Adest, 8 months agoThere is no speed or pitch options, so it's extremely slow. It is opens up into a big pop up that when you click off of it goes away which is also very annoying.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17279163, a year agoHard to listen to, unnatural sounding, horrible quality. There it is a reason it is (currently) and 2 star program
- Rated 1 out of 5by White.Hat, a year agoHorrível! A voz é masculina e robótica! Não possui controle de velocidade da voz.
- Rated 1 out of 5by bodwyn, 2 years agoNot criticising _intended_ functionality.
I haven't used it much - I tend to use Read-Aloud, but it breaks the ability to change font in Gmail: select text, click to choose font, text is unselected, so whatever font is chosen is not applied. Disable this add-on, and I can change font in Gmail.
FINALLY found out why! Bye!
- Rated 1 out of 5by uniquew, 2 years ago"Access your data for all websites" why need this permission if other text to speech extensions doesn't require it???