- by Lillian, 13 days agoRated 3 out of 5Needed to hop onto Firefox while Chrome was being a bitch, and this add-on allowed me to replicate Chrome's groups... somewhat. How to switch between groups took a bit of getting used to, and it's more helpful in some areas (i.e. creating groups) and less in others (quickly switching between groups). That alone would be a 4-star rating, but what drops it down is the difficulty of organizing tab groups in the groups tab. I can only organize it alphabetically, so I have to go through some hoops if I want my groups in a particular order, which is fairly annoying. All in all, a helpful add-on, if not exactly what I was hoping for.
- by Kougeru, 22 days agoRated 3 out of 5overall good but some minor issues exist such as problems with FB groups not being saved properly. Also the backup feature is completely broken. it ignores \ entirely so it keeps making new folders on the desktop instead of bakcing up where I want it to. been doing this all year
- by RYSK, a month agoRated 3 out of 5The extension itself functions as it should, the only take away is how I'm not able to switch groups while in a google meet as it uses the mic and camera. The reason I downloaded this is to separate my school stuff from my personal stuff.
- by Hua Rong, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5Good, except when groups are unloaded, their tabs are put into hidden tabs instead of being closed and resources freed up. Sometimes I don't want to use a group anymore and want to put it away, but I can't close the tabs.
- by Firefox user 12348512, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5Good start, but pretty clunky.
I use multiple browser windows across different screens, and the first thing this extension did when I made a group was bring them all into the same window... that was a crash course in how to use it for sure. Then I tried closing my browser and reopening it, and half of my tabs had moved to a new (previously nonexistent) group... so I had to move them all again.
I really miss the old tab groups that Firefox had, and given all the folks using this I expected a cleaner interface. I'm also crossing my fingers that I won't have to spend time every day reorganizing the groups... we'll see. Here's hoping! It's better than nothing, for sure!
- by Firefox user 16501213, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5This addon seems to work well... except for that it doesn't want to let windows associated with an unloaded group close. Trying to close the remaining blank tab just reopens it, while trying to close the window gives the "are you sure you want to close multiple tabs" warning.
Another feature that would be good would be an option to always open groups in new windows, rather than switch groups within the window.
- by Firefox user 13529548, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Started using this some time ago - worked very well for awhile! Love the interface and configurations available. But now, as many others have noted, it is losing data. Every time I close firefox, all the tabs are deleted from my groups, forcing me to restore from a backup after each browser/computer restart. Also has no sync functionality, meaning I have to manually change/import groups across devices
- by Firefox user 13262784, a year agoRated 3 out of 5It seems pretty decent, once one understands at least some basics. However, although I can't comment on long use data loss, which other users obviously experienced, since I am only using it for a few days now, for me, I have two main problems with this add-on:
(1) If Firefox is *not* open and I click on a link in another app which opens Firefox, then Firefox is opened *but* the link is not followed. I have to go back to the app and click the link again after FF is open. This sucks.
(2) The context menu of the "tabs" in the side bar to not offer any tab context menu items but *only* custom "Simple Tab Groups" items. This defeats the purpose of the side bar for me, which would be that I could turn off the main tab bar. But then I do not have a tab context menu anymore with this add-on. So, as a work-around I am using the "Tree Style Tab" add-on in the side bar and for now the "Simple Tab Groups" in the tool bar.
- by Snakey, a year agoRated 3 out of 5this is very useful in theory and most of the time, but especially recently my tabs have been jumping groups, which kind of defeats the purpose. additionally, I've noticed that when closing my active tab the extension often switches groups automatically, which is annoying.
- by Firefox user 12207191, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Closing a window removes all of the tabs from the tab group. Restore previous session is already enabled. I'm not sure how to trust this extension, though I want to like it.
- by olegzz, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5The extension is great, but I'm sitting on 4.2.2 because in versions 4.3.* the recovery functionality ("Restore") is broken, as a result of which after recovery I have duplicated groups. I ask you to return the old functionality, i.e. such: "Warning! Restoring from backup will ERASE all existing settings and groups!". This is the classic recovery from backups. Or in the new functionality, please make the checkbox "ERASE all existing settings and groups".
- by Firefox user 13291551, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Well until a few weeks ago.
The problem is the auto-backup, the backup no longer saves the tabs (this empty). Therefore, when the add-on is update and loads the last backup there are no more tabs.
I've had to disable auto-backup and restore my tabs manually with my last correct backup (2019-08-26).Hi! Your problem is closely related to this Firefox bug (I am created):
We need to wait until the developers of Firefox fix it...
- by Firefox user 15192006, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5There is a bug that if I hit 'F8' or click icon to show up groups view all I get is a little modal. I need to click the icon again to show the groups. It's very annoying.
Screenshot - https://ibb.co/yYw1919
- by TechSY730, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 54.0 seems to have introduced a bug(s) where tabs groups get cleared out when multiple windows are involved.
Using the "restore closed tabs" function when this happens just reopens all the tabs in the current tab group, not their original tab group.
I'll file a real bug report if I can figure out reproduction steps.
- by Firefox user 15191852, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Please fix this "No support incognito mode, please disable incognito mode for addon" bug. Been working great, then last night it crashed on both my pc's.
I don't use incognito mode, don't have any tabs open in incognito mode.
- by anonim, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Неплохое дополнение, даже без склероза, как у "Panorama Tab Groups". Единственная просьба перенести панель с кнопками управления группами и плагином снизу - наверх выпадающего меню. Так как при большом количестве вкладок туды пока долезешь - и рак свиснет. Сильно напрягает...