- by Firefox user 17223805, 6 days agoRated 2 out of 5Sadly it quite often drops all of my tabs and I need to manually add them back in. As far as the design goes, it's quite nice. When it works, it's useful. It's not as intuitive as the group tabs in Chrome, but that's a problem I have with Mozilla, not this extension. However, not being able to change the location of backups is really grating on me.
- by Firefox user 17103635, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5Questionable decisions:
1. removing groups will close tabs (!?!)
2. once I opened a group, I could not find a way to return to the non-grouped tabs.
Also, you cannot have multiple groups opened in the same browser window.
- by Lycaon1765, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5It worked the first day, and it hid all the tabs I chose that day for a while, but then yesterday the extension broke and I couldn't open the extension's menu, the extension UI didn't show up when I right-clicked on a tab, and then all my hidden tabs just popped up again at one point. I kept getting some error message and I didn't know how to fix it, so I uninstalled the extension and reinstalled it to see if that would fix it, it didn't.
- by Firefox user 17054754, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5Useless to me, as you cannot have multiple tab groups open at the same time. I was just looking for a way to group my tabs together, but it hides all except for the active group. Just not what I was looking for I suppose.
- by zeppos, 10 months agoRated 2 out of 5I don't get it, this thing is very counterintutive to use. I send a few tabs in a new separate group and they still appear under Hidden Tabs. I remove them from the Hidden Tabs folder and they also disappear from their new group. I restore them, open the new group and everything else disappears and goes to Hidden Tabs. This is not what I want. I want to have my rogue tabs open and always accessible, AND groups of tabs I can launch at will. 2/5 is probably too much but I'll be lenient.
- by Arty2, a year agoRated 2 out of 5It may by my particular experience by trying to import my groups from Panarama Tab Ghroups, but this extension consumed so much memory that turned Firefox unresponsive. The drag & drop functionality is sub par compared to other extensions.
- by soulrebelno1, a year agoRated 2 out of 5It keeps crashing? Firefox becomes unresponsive and completely locks up. I have to restart start Firefox, when I check, all my groups have disappeared. It keeps happening, so I've had to uninstall.
- by Neophile, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5This esxtentio is veryuseful and worka well, However it needs a tab explaining some functions to users be able to use it.
Even the best browsers and computers crash some time or another.
It is possible to bzck up or restore the tabs. The button links are there, but not a ward about how to fo it. How to chose where from or where to.
There is also what I suppose to bve a very useful autimatic STG backup, but I cannot guess which is which with 149 files in 7 directoris. We have to do it blindly, and probably destroying what we want to repair.
If I could use the extention functions in full, I would give it 5 stars.
- by Dźwiedziu, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Seemed nice, but when I've first time changed to a group of a few selected from many tabs it hid them without an easy way to change back to the ungrouped ones.
I've found them under the "v" tab menu and saw an option to change them into a group, which I used, as I saw no other way to get back to tabs without groups. After a few minutes of CPU abuse the "Ungrouped" group had zero tabs. 400 tabs went straight to /dev/null.
So yes, a good way to clean out your stale tabs, short of removing your profile.
Edit: Now I'm torn, as I've found out how the "Manage groups" looks and works.
- by writerlyhacker, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5When I try to open a new tab outside the group/container it just automatically gets pushed to the current open group(and linked container) I couldn't open anything in another group/container that's not the current one
- by Sy Borg, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I don't know what happened, but from some moment extension started to hide my tabs - I couldn't find an option to disable this behavior, it is very annoying. I want all my tabs displayed in a row, not to open a list every time and search from there.
After some time this behavior is back, with v4.5.1 (FF 79)
- by Firefox user 13463245, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Afer one of last updates regex for catching tabs stopped working correctly. I have some site inside my corporate network with address https://somesite/. I used "https://somesite/" filter to catch tabs with this site and it worked until some recent update. Now the only expression, that works, is "somesite", witch catches all sites with "somesite" in URL. Escaping "/" also doesn't work. It appears that any expression, that doesn't match examples in help tooltip, doesn't work (Firefox 70.0, addon version 4.2.2).
Update: Regex https?\://somesite/? works only when I open link to "somesite" in new tab inside browser. When I enter adress maually or open link from external app (i.e. Thunderbird), it doesn't work.
- by Firefox user 15214861, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5It used to work really well, but recently keeps forgetting all my tabs across reboots. It all started at the same time the "incognito mode" warning came. I basically became useless for me now.
- by ddionisio, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I'm rating this 2 star for having a warning pop-up each time you open firefox: Please enable "Restore previous session" in browser. Even if you do have that option enabled, the warning still shows up.
- by john m, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Latest update bricks functionality unless it is disabled in incognito mode. I'm not interested in disabling it in incognito mode; I have been warned, thanks, there appears to be no way to disable the warning. Worked well until now.
- by Gezim Hoxha, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Excellent. Only reason it doesn't have a 5-star is because not sure how to allow Firefox Sync to also sync this extension. That would be killer!
Update (Aug 6, 2019): Not sure if it's a new release but my tab groups keep getting deleted! Please help.
- by Essential Sound, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Sorry, The application works slowly, especially when switching between tabs and Panorama Tab Groups. This poor performance is since the fresh installation of this extension. It should be definitely improved.
I use FF Quantum 65.0.1 (64-bit) Portable version.
- by Firefox user 13491753, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5I'm sorry to down-vote this add-on but it's just too unstable: as others have said, it can't separate the tab groups - they end up dumped in one group all too often, or I get a tab error message and they simply refuse to load. This happens in 2 out of every 3 browser restarts. It's too much.