- Rated 4 out of 5by Jamasp, 5 years agoBest keyboard-based addon I've found, now the vimFx is unavailable.
But there is still some work to do. (I wish I could contribute, but I'm not a developer).
One Important thing is the "Activate clipboard" feature. It is just opening Google search page and that's totally annoying, especially for me as someone who does not use google search at all.
One thing that would be good if it'd be implemented is that little hint at the bottom right corner of the page in vimFx that shows the currently triggered keys. Another thing I would be glad if implemented is the visual clue to know whether the addon is activated in current page or not, like vimFx icon in toolbar did so.
Oh. One of the most needed features for me is the "find mode" that is completely missing.
Wish you the best and appreciate the work.
- Rated 5 out of 5by chibo, 5 years agoMuch more intuitive and customizable than VImVixen, highly suggestion to every one!
- Rated 4 out of 5by liangbobo, 5 years agoIt's quite a great addon that ease my trouble after VimFx is unavailable. Even sometimes it's better.
But I wonder if I can use Saka to open link in current page?
Command "Open Link" in Saka is just like a single left-click, and website itself decides how to open a link( current, new background or new foreground). Am I right about this?
I really want to open links the way I actually want( current, new background or new foreground). Is it limitted by ver.57? I am looking forward to your reply.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12431269, 5 years agoGreat extension to use in FF 57 instead of VimFX. Tried trydactil and vim-vixen - they both are a bit raw, but this one is close to perfect, it has all features (that I used) that VimFX has and even more. Highly configurable.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13464842, 5 years agoReally glad there is something like Saka Key and Saka after VimFX... I think, with improvement, they will be one of my "need to have it" addons!
However I must poit out that some keybindings are not working (I'm using FF 57 on linux).
Ones I've noticed are:
"Download link" and "Toggle Saka"!! They simply don't do anything.
"Activate Clipboard in Current Tab" and Activate Clipboard in Foreground Tab" - constantly open google search, no matter what my clipboard content is. Plus, I don't even use google search in any way.
Also when using "Open link", "Open link in background"... and when I have a lot of tabs open, it would be useful that new tab opens next to the tab from which I've evoked this action, instead of placing it at the end of currently opened tabs as the last tab.
With the current setup it's harder to find the original tab again and I have to go through all of the tabs searching for it or searching it with Saka... instead of simply going back to the previous tab.
Also, when closing that newly opened tab it would be nice to return back to the tab from which I've opened it... like FF does by default instead of taking the focus to the last tab.
Also it would be useful to have the option to open new tab right next to the one I'm currently on.
I hope Saka and Saka key will only continue to improve.
So, thank you for the efforts.
I might have talked too soon :(
Saka keys is now causing Firefox to stop responding...
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12946727, 5 years agosaka key eats up Esc key events. other addons cannot use Esc key events.Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I never thought about this.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Makochan, 5 years agoI like this addon better than Vimium-FF, which is too buggy for me (at least on Firefox 56.02).
- Rated 5 out of 5by nobook, 5 years agogood job. And I need 'reopen last closed tab' [ shift-x shift-x ]
click 'next page or 下一页' [ a ]
click 'prev page or 上一页' [ shift-a ]
page keyword should be customized.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Damien Cassou, 5 years agoThis extension is well documented, easy to configure and just works.
- Rated 5 out of 5by rainlay, 5 years agoI like this, I can do more things just like vim when I use firefox
- Rated 5 out of 5by joefiesta, 5 years agoSaka Key is beautiful when it comes to the options interface and it is so easy to modify and set keyboard shortcuts. I was using Vimperator, but all I wanted from Vim was the ability to open a link from the keyboard. And Vimperator is dying (or dead). Saka Key is beautiful when it comes to following links.
My only negative is: it took me forever to FIND saka key. Searching in FF addons with "link" and "follow" got me nowhere. Finding this addon should be easier, because it is super!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Noisome Possum, 5 years agoI've been using VimFx for the last couple years and this plugin does a great job of replacing most of its functionality (with an even nicer aesthetic to boot).
The only things missing for me personally are:
- Ability to focus things that aren't links (search bars and other text input fields)
- An "open all" option where you can open multiple links in background tabs while the hints stay on the screen until you hit escape
- "Visual mode" for selecting and highlighting text with the keyboard
Otherwise a very promising plugin with some nice options! :)
Edit: it seems that it does focus most text fields but occasionally misses some (such as the sign up fields on this site: https://cloud.docker.com/)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Jianxin, 5 years ago棒呆
Thanks too much for the author.
The best VimFx replacement now. Some aspects even go beyond VimFx, such as modification in appearance, scroll steps(this is awesome). These new attempts are great. By the way, author also offers some convenient presets, though I transplant the VimFx's settings directly. A very kind author.
Vimimum can not open a new web in a new tab until 2017-9-24. It's not ready yet. And Vimimum's KeyBinding is not so intuitive as Saka. In many many ways Saka is the best Vimlike extension for Firefox57 now.
(*￣︶￣))Personal guess, the download and user less reason is that there is no "Vim" or some other keywords in this extension's name.
Some personal greed:
Provide context menu (right-click menu);
Locate the first ext box in the page (usually the search box);
Flip function (next page previous page etc. And modification for the pages keywords like VimFx. It's great for non-english user like me.)
It would be a perfect extension if the above functions can be added.
Due to my poor english, I hope the expression is clear.
We are all looking forward to your iteration update.Thanks for the positive review.
Unfortuntately, opening the context menu isn't possible with firefox's webextension APIs. See the discussion at https://github.com/lusakasa/saka-key/issues/52.
Locating the first form element is a feature I really like. See the discussion here: https://github.com/lusakasa/saka-key/issues/56
Next/Previous Page commands are another feature I'd like to add: https://github.com/lusakasa/saka-key/issues/60
Is there any chance you can export your VimFX options and email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can make them built-in?
- Rated 5 out of 5by tmk333, 6 years agoNeed a minor improvement, I can no longer use esc to move the focus to web content from address bar and search box. If it is not possible is there anyway to add a short for doing only that? Btw,I am currently using Ctrl+F then Esc as a temporary fix.
Developer responseposted 6 years agoUnfortunately, it's impossible to programmatically focus the page using the APIs available to web extensions. I'll definitely add this if/when it becomes possible. I also use your work around.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13279611, 6 years agoIt's a great replacement for VimFX. I only use this for page navigation and search. The vimimum binding preset is great. Being able to customize the look is a nice feature.
Vimimum for firefox isn't ready yet - not opening links in new tab made it unusable.