- by joefiesta, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Saka Key is beautiful when it comes to the options interface and it is so easy to modify and set keyboard shortcuts. I was using Vimperator, but all I wanted from Vim was the ability to open a link from the keyboard. And Vimperator is dying (or dead). Saka Key is beautiful when it comes to following links.
My only negative is: it took me forever to FIND saka key. Searching in FF addons with "link" and "follow" got me nowhere. Finding this addon should be easier, because it is super!
- by Noisome Possum, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I've been using VimFx for the last couple years and this plugin does a great job of replacing most of its functionality (with an even nicer aesthetic to boot).
The only things missing for me personally are:
- Ability to focus things that aren't links (search bars and other text input fields)
- An "open all" option where you can open multiple links in background tabs while the hints stay on the screen until you hit escape
- "Visual mode" for selecting and highlighting text with the keyboard
Otherwise a very promising plugin with some nice options! :)
Edit: it seems that it does focus most text fields but occasionally misses some (such as the sign up fields on this site: https://cloud.docker.com/)
- by Jianxin, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5棒呆
Thanks too much for the author.
The best VimFx replacement now. Some aspects even go beyond VimFx, such as modification in appearance, scroll steps(this is awesome). These new attempts are great. By the way, author also offers some convenient presets, though I transplant the VimFx's settings directly. A very kind author.
Vimimum can not open a new web in a new tab until 2017-9-24. It's not ready yet. And Vimimum's KeyBinding is not so intuitive as Saka. In many many ways Saka is the best Vimlike extension for Firefox57 now.
(*￣︶￣))Personal guess, the download and user less reason is that there is no "Vim" or some other keywords in this extension's name.
Some personal greed:
Provide context menu (right-click menu);
Locate the first ext box in the page (usually the search box);
Flip function (next page previous page etc. And modification for the pages keywords like VimFx. It's great for non-english user like me.)
It would be a perfect extension if the above functions can be added.
Due to my poor english, I hope the expression is clear.
We are all looking forward to your iteration update.Thanks for the positive review.
Unfortuntately, opening the context menu isn't possible with firefox's webextension APIs. See the discussion at https://github.com/lusakasa/saka-key/issues/52.
Locating the first form element is a feature I really like. See the discussion here: https://github.com/lusakasa/saka-key/issues/56
Next/Previous Page commands are another feature I'd like to add: https://github.com/lusakasa/saka-key/issues/60
Is there any chance you can export your VimFX options and email them to me at email@example.com so I can make them built-in?
- by tmk333, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Need a minor improvement, I can no longer use esc to move the focus to web content from address bar and search box. If it is not possible is there anyway to add a short for doing only that? Btw,I am currently using Ctrl+F then Esc as a temporary fix.Unfortunately, it's impossible to programmatically focus the page using the APIs available to web extensions. I'll definitely add this if/when it becomes possible. I also use your work around.
- by Firefox user 13279611, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5It's a great replacement for VimFX. I only use this for page navigation and search. The vimimum binding preset is great. Being able to customize the look is a nice feature.
Vimimum for firefox isn't ready yet - not opening links in new tab made it unusable.
- by notkr, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5All the previous issues have been fixed! Excellent addon, makes using Firefox much more comfortable!Hi notkr, thanks for the feedback.
1. Saka Key now ignores keyboard events if they're not part of a keybinding (so that the page or another extension can handle them). Alternatively, hit semi-colon to let any one keypress through to the page.
2. Saka Key now blocks default actions if they conflict with keybindings.
Get these changes in v1.23.0, which is on the development channel right now.
Please file feature requests and bug reports at https://github.com/lusakasa/saka-key/issues
- by Firefox user 13204382, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5For basic users (like me) of VimFX and similars, this is a drop-in replacement. Good work!
- by Ossur, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Setting my own keybindings doesn't work yet, and in the settings page, the scroll positions resets with every click, making that page unusable. It is unfinished, so ideally the version number should reflect that (be 0.1.3 instead of 1.3)
The vimium presets are good. It is very fast. Multiprocess windows are working alongside it! Great job so farKeybindings work on recent releases (which you'll have to install from source at (https://github.com/lusakasa/saka-key) until they are approved.
A fix for the scrolling issue is in the works. It works except:
* in the popup
* on pages that provide their own key event listeners
You're right about the version number. Some firefox-specific bugs made it unreliable, but I didn't want to version the firefox and chrome versions separately.
Thanks for the feedback!
- by metaphil, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Not as powerful as VimFx yet, but does have a) potential and b) a future, because it's already a WebExtension!
Thanks, will keep an eye on this one and check how I might contribute.