- Rated 4 out of 5by stas_man, 5 years agoCool add-on, thanks, I use it all over the day. My hands and eyes are free, when I listen news. But sometime it's difficult to understand if I'd pressed the play button - it is too small on my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini and reaction on pressing is not always immediately (maybe because internet connection speed). Can you please make the Play button 4 times bigger? And another thing - can you please increase the time (or iteration count) for connection. Sometime I have to press Play button several times. And one more thing. Can you please make (detect) reaction on button pressing on headphones headset - just like ordinary music player? Thanks in advance.
- Rated 4 out of 5by 170fin, 5 years agoThis was a 4 Star App (IMO) but lately a lot of the voice options I've been using have been scrubbed & It's getting to the stage where there's only one or two left that I'll use & should they too be scrubbed, I'll look for another App.
Voices can be purchased under Premium/Custom options but this App isn't up to purchase grade.
If a few features were added, I'd certainly consider purchasing.
I'm beginning to think each 'free' voice has a finite amount of text before it's scrubbed - if this is the case I'll return a 1 Star, leave this review as is & move on.
Well I am still using this App 3 years+ later so it's a 4/5 star application for sure - just at this moment it appears to be frozen?
OK, it is working again after I closed out and restarted. I reported the issue to you.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoPlease read our blog to understand how we're providing you these voices: http://blog.readaloud.app/2018/10/the-state-of-text-to-speech-technology.html
The free voices are provided courtesy of Google and IBM. If you run into a limit, it's probably imposed by those companies. You could use the Custom options to pay for your own usage of the premium voices.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14565015, 5 years agoLove the App But...This actually a feature suggestion.
Why don't your development team include shortcut keys to change Reading Speed? That way the user can increase or decrease the rate of reading on the fly without stopping to make adjustments using the slider interface.
In this age of media consumption optimization your extension is uniquely positioned to facilitate consumption of print media. It should however offer the same enhancements for a more personalized control of "rate of consumption" that is common with other media purveyors (eg. YouTube or Vimeo).
- Rated 4 out of 5by Xenofox, 5 years agoGood TTS Addon. But sadly i cant use Premium Voices because its not possible to LogIn, as it shows no Window or Field to do so. I use the same addon for chromium, but instead of the firefoxversion, its possible to login there. Hope this will get fixed in the Firefoxversion soon.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Micro Mo, 5 years agoThis will get bumped to a 5 when you can tell us how to fix the context menu option from disappearing.
For the meantime, here are the short cut keys to do the same things:
To Play - Alt-P
To Stop - Alt-O
Go Forward - Alt-Period or "Alt-."
To Rewind - Alt-Comma or "Alt,"
If you should forget Alt-P - Click the button in the toolbar that looks like a megaphone, if it's playing, hit the stop button. Then click the gear button next to the play button. A larger "Options" box will open, at the top you will see "Edit shortcut keys" that will open a new tab with the short cut keys listed. Using Alt-P will speak what you highlighted. If you don't highlight anything, it reads the whole page I believe.
Oh and some might not know but the little gear button is also where you change the reading voice. I like the Amazon ones.
Hope this helps you folks out while we wait for the fix. Actually Alt-P might be easier to use than the context menu. If they made this option clearer, most people probably wouldn't care and again, I would bump my rating up to a 5, for the clarity.
One Ton Shadow ©
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14198032, 5 years agoIt does the job, however, the voice is one of those old-school 1980s movies robot voices. Still use it just wish the voice was a little different. Sometimes it's hard to understand the voice for technical Words which is the reason I got it but that's okay.