- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14636167, 9 months agothis is one of those rare gem FF extensions that does not get very much attention, but is really very well done and is extremely useful. i have tried & used many FF extensions & i would rate this one easily a 10 out of 10, i have been using it for almost a year, works great. truly hoping that this developer (Armin) continues to work on & update this wonderful extension, excellent utility !!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Zach, 3 years agoGreat for people who are used to Safari's Reading List (though it isn't cross-device). Love how simple it is, with clean unobtrusive design. I tried to get into Pocket and it just bounced off me, and the extensions for it are fairly terrible. I like the one click to add a page. This works for me!
Comparing to Reading List, maybe an option to pull website icons and a bit of body text would be nice...
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13968536, 3 years agoExcellent extension. No more leaving 50 tabs open to look at later. It's great that it works efficiently, and with the sidebar.
However, I wish the design was better. I also wish it was integrated into the address bar rather than the toolbar, but you seem to be able to add to Pile using the bookmark button, anyways.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13546421, 5 years agoEDITED: updated rating, thanks for answering my questions :-)
Does what it says, great potential, but here are some features I'd like to see:
Clicking again on the icon should toggle bookmark instead of bookmarking again.
Add a setting to choose the destination folder (some might want to put it in the bookmark toolbar)
Since this is under MIT license, would you mind adding a link to a code repository to read/contribute?• A toggle would require the add-on to search all bookmarks every time a new page is loaded. As I want to keep this as lightweight as possible, I went for another solution: If you try to add an already existing bookmark, it is moved to the top. Duplicates are deleted.
• You can move the Pile folder wherever you want, including the bookmarking toolbar.
• Good idea. I will put it on github in the coming days.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Donald Reed, 6 years agoThis addon has potential but I wish it has two features:
1. Favicons - it will make easier to distinguish between sites on pile (I think API for this is available)
2. Search - it will be easier to manage long list of saved pages
Also, not sure if it's possible - add button to show pile sidebar directly. Currently pile have to be chosen from sidebar menu manually unless it was the last item accessed.1. Access to cached favicons is not (yet) supported. See: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1315616
2. Pile v1.4 now features a little search field
3. FF 57 now features a dedicated sidebar show/hide button. You can also move the sidebar to the right side now, if you want.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12706044, 6 years agoNice. Together with the 'Total Bookmarks' plugin I now have a system to quickly store store bookmarks and sort them out later. One feature request: It should refuse to 'pile' duplicates.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12609462, 6 years agoIt's a nice and practical idea to have a place to short bookmarks temporarily, it works fine so far. It's light and not bloated as well, my thanks to the dev and I hope this app will get support!