- Rated 3 out of 5by DreamPhreak, 8 months agoIt works but it seriously needs an update to increase the max limit of blocked domains. I put this in the github issues a year ago, but there hasn't been any response by the dev in years. It seems there is a hard limit of 403 blocks, but I can't find where its in the code to increase that limit.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Jarxon, 2 years agoUsed to work great however the storage sync limits have now prevented me from adding any additional domains to block.
QuotaExceededError: storage.sync API call exceeded its quota limitations.
Sadly I believe this was introduced with firefox 79 or later that now enforces client-side quota limits.
Would have been great to have a version that doesn't require using the sync storage data if possible however this addon hasn't been updated in over two years so I won't be holding my breath.
- Rated 3 out of 5by whodatuser, 4 years agoIt's a great idea but it doesn't block images or advertisements from certain sites. uOrigin however does block a selected site very well but it blocks a lot of stuff you might not want blocked without some heavy configuration.
If this plugin could block everything associated with a certain domain name it would be a winner. I hope you can get it to that point and I will check back periodically. Thank you for your efforts. I know there is no reward in writing these plugins at best minimal so thanks again.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14335240, 5 years agoThis add on started out as a very good programme, just what I needed but seems quite unstable.
For some google searches it behaves as required but then either allows blocked domains to appear or blocks everything bar one random site.
This is a prelimanary assement as I am awaiting replies to the issues above from the developer
Developer responseposted 4 years agoCurrently, this add-on will hide those urls contains any of your patterns in blocklists.
ie, if you block 'a', then apple.com, whhhhh.ai and ailabs.tw will all be hid.
I am still thinking about how to let user realize it via UI change...
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13524479, 6 years agoI'm using Bitdefender and all my results in google, after installing this plugin, have that blue line below :
If I block ONE Pinterest result for example, or any result, then all of Google's results pages appear : empty, whatever I search. (then I have to unblock that or deactivate this plugin)
Most good security solutions check your webpages results before you click on them. And "Personal Blocklist" doesn't see the real URL, but the one modified by Bitdefender (just a guess) before it's displayed in Firefox.
I tried to turn ON/OFF all Bitdefender's Web Protections to find the one responsible but I couldn't. Sometimes they're all ON (Scan Web Traffic for Malware, Scan SLL, Protection against Phishing, etc) and Personal Blocklist displays the proper address in Google's Results and sometimes some are OFF and the Google results are all : "block trafficlight.bitdefender.com"
There seem to be a fault in Personal Blocklist that catches Google's URLs as they are, even when a part of the URL is modified by the chosen Security Solution (At least Bitdefender).
Please have a look into that when you have a minute. Thanks in advance ;) I'm looking forward to put 5 stars, because without that... it'd be worth it ! :(
Sorry I couldn't find the precise Bitdefender protection causing that.