- by CyberTech, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I've been using your addons for a while! it works great but twitter changed it could you please fix it?
- by Stranger, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Thanks for all the good times... Doesn't work as of just now. Says browser isn't supported. Now we're waiting for youtube to stop working aswell. Don't get their need to push their shitty ass designs when old ones were perfect. Doesn't help they're so god damn ugly too.
- by Firefox user 15164637, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I enjoy this addon and have been using it for a while; thank you for creating it, but as of 5/7/2020 (May 7th) it appears to have stopped working. Not sure if twitter is broken or has changed their code. It's possible that these could be on Twitters end but here's some things I've noticed since the start of this month which never happened before:
- error when translating tweets ("this tweet cannot be translated")
- red heart icons for likes not showing up on posts in the timeline
- extension not loading or lagging
I tried reinstalling and even trying other "old twitter" addons in this store but they don't work. The tweets don't load at all, it's just a spinning circle. Everything's fine; internet wise, also cleared the cache and cookies just in case but that didn't solve it.
Update: Actually, it appears to work after refreshing the tab a few times, but the translation and heart issues still are a problem.
- by Moz://FifthAxiom, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Tested similar add-ons and found out this is the only one that actually works. Copy & Paste works although you can't use CTRL-V for pasting images. Use right-click's paste function instead.
Unfortunately video's do not show up.
Also try add-on Twitter Old UI
- by Firefox user 14108982, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This extension works and keeps all videos (even under one minute) from lopping/repeating automatically. I LOATHED THAT (especailly with under one minute ones).
- by Firefox user 13881833, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5This add-on (and a similar) appear to work well, but have one big problem. They prevent embedded videos in some Twitter posts from being viewable. If the add-on is disabled, they work. The symptoms are: (1) the static image for the video flashes very briefly on the screen, but (2) then I get a gray player box saying "We cannot play the video in the browser. Try another web browser."
Here is an example: https://twitter.com/GreenRupertRead/status/1182979393666375680.
In Web Developer | Web Console, I get this further explanation:
Cannot play media. No decoders for requested formats: video/mp4; codecs="avc1.42E01E mp4a.40.2", video/quicktime; codecs="avc1.42E01E mp4a.40.2", video/x-m4v; codecs="avc1.42E01E mp4a.40.2", application/x-mpegURL, video/mp4; codecs="avc1.42E01E mp4a.40.2"
I hope you can find a way to fix this. (It's the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars.)
- by Valeri, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks for this. If anyone is having issues with copy and paste I suggest you highlight text in another browser window and then pick it up with mouse and drag it over an open tweet box. Enjoy!