Review by Firefox user 15493390
- Rated 5 out of 5by Kevan., 3 years agoI read the reviews and know why it does not work. Thanks for doing this when this was still possible.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Wickerbotter, 3 years agoDoesn't seem to work, even after refreshing a dozen times. Please release update for June 2020.
- Rated 5 out of 5by CyberTech, 3 years agoI've been using your addons for a while! it works great but twitter changed it could you please fix it?
Developer responseposted 3 years agoUnfortunately not. Twitter has removed the legacy layout completely, there is no way to bring it back except trying to re-make the entire dashboard
- Rated 4 out of 5by Stranger, 3 years agoThanks for all the good times... Doesn't work as of just now. Says browser isn't supported. Now we're waiting for youtube to stop working aswell. Don't get their need to push their shitty ass designs when old ones were perfect. Doesn't help they're so god damn ugly too.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15164637, 3 years agoI enjoy this addon and have been using it for a while; thank you for creating it, but as of 5/7/2020 (May 7th) it appears to have stopped working. Not sure if twitter is broken or has changed their code. It's possible that these could be on Twitters end but here's some things I've noticed since the start of this month which never happened before:
- error when translating tweets ("this tweet cannot be translated")
- red heart icons for likes not showing up on posts in the timeline
- extension not loading or lagging
I tried reinstalling and even trying other "old twitter" addons in this store but they don't work. The tweets don't load at all, it's just a spinning circle. Everything's fine; internet wise, also cleared the cache and cookies just in case but that didn't solve it.
Update: Actually, it appears to work after refreshing the tab a few times, but the translation and heart issues still are a problem.
- Rated 5 out of 5by aa, 3 years agoBeautiful, thank you very much! Awesome web-ext, it brings back the old Twitter interface which is what we needed, omg! Bah, can't thank you enough!! :))
- Rated 3 out of 5by Moz://FifthAxiom, 3 years agoTested similar add-ons and found out this is the only one that actually works. Copy & Paste works although you can't use CTRL-V for pasting images. Use right-click's paste function instead.
Unfortunately video's do not show up.
Also try add-on Twitter Old UI
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14108982, 3 years agoThis extension works and keeps all videos (even under one minute) from lopping/repeating automatically. I LOATHED THAT (especailly with under one minute ones).
- Rated 3 out of 5by CeeEssUU, 3 years agoIt does, in fact, bring the Old Twitter Layout back. It claims that Paste function has been restored, but it hasn't, hence 3 stars.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13881833, 3 years agoThis add-on (and a similar) appear to work well, but have one big problem. They prevent embedded videos in some Twitter posts from being viewable. If the add-on is disabled, they work. The symptoms are: (1) the static image for the video flashes very briefly on the screen, but (2) then I get a gray player box saying "We cannot play the video in the browser. Try another web browser."
Here is an example: https://twitter.com/GreenRupertRead/status/1182979393666375680.
In Web Developer | Web Console, I get this further explanation:
Cannot play media. No decoders for requested formats: video/mp4; codecs="avc1.42E01E mp4a.40.2", video/quicktime; codecs="avc1.42E01E mp4a.40.2", video/x-m4v; codecs="avc1.42E01E mp4a.40.2", application/x-mpegURL, video/mp4; codecs="avc1.42E01E mp4a.40.2"
I hope you can find a way to fix this. (It's the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars.)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Valeri, 4 years agoThanks for this. If anyone is having issues with copy and paste I suggest you highlight text in another browser window and then pick it up with mouse and drag it over an open tweet box. Enjoy!