- by Firefox user 13258799, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5諸姉諸兄もレビューで書かれているとおり、長年同じだった外観が変更されて非常に見辛くなった。
⇒今有効になっている物がはっきりと表示され、非有効なものが薄く (Dim Gray) 表示されていることが、NoScriptの良さだったのに、それが失われてしまった。
As written in the review, the sisters and brothers also changed the appearance that had been the same for many years and it became very hard to see.
--> The good thing about NoScript is that what is currently enabled is clearly displayed and what is not enabled is displayed lightly (Dim Gray), but it has been lost.
Therefore, what was evaluated as ★ 5 was reduced to ★ 3.
I don't think the theme change function itself is necessary in the first place.
- by Firefox user 12748548, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5I've used this add-on for years. It was one of the best extensions ever -- thank you developer, for all your hard work! Unfortunately, the new update is awful. It looks horrible, and it seems to be breaking all kinds of websites and frequently does not allow adjustments when clicking on 'Options' or anything anymore. It's just ugly and useless now. Please put it back to the way it was!
- by fearless , 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Cant access local lan addresses for router or other wifi products using any 192.168.1.x address - new update completely blocks. Doesnt seem to be a way to disable the https only thing as well, not sure if they are related. Had to disable NoScript to get access to my router and local wifi power plug extensions. Hopefully this can be fixed in a new update soon. Also the change of UI is a lot darker and harder to read compared with the older UI. Perhaps that can be taken into account when any new updates are released. For now I will leave it disabled.
- by sebt27, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5The dropdown menu in the new version 11.4 has a hideous, huge, Fisher-Price appearance with rounded corners. A developer is replying to these reviews suggesting one of the 11.4.1RCs - but there is no way to download these from the site linked to.
I've just reverted to 11.3.7, available from this site: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/noscript/versions/
Then, in Firefox Settings/Add-ons, I switched off automatic updates.
I don't know whether one of the 11.4.1 RCs offers a real option to keep the original appearance, because I can't find them anywhere. Please add this feature into future releases, because the new UI is horrible. I haven't even tried it on some of the e-commerce/newspaper sites where the menu might have 20+ sites listed - would they even fit on my screen?There's a big link there pointing to https://secure.informaction.com/download/betas/noscript-11.4.1rc3.xpi.
Disabling automatic updates is not advisable for obvious reasons.
- by TheAndrey, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5I didn't like the new boring gray design. Bring back the old legendary icon! I liked the malicious script better.
- by Firefox user 14804265, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Effectivement la nouvelle interface n'est pas très jolie et trop grosse, mais surtout depuis la mise à jour j'ai des bugs (images disparaissent ou impossible d'être affichées sur des sites tels que Rakuten même quand je désactive pour cette page), Amazon aussi.
- by TTTony, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5The new re-skin is atrocious. Not sure why anyone thought it was a good idea to change the UI to a big, ugly, bubble-style(?) look. It's seriously hideous and like 30% larger than what it was previously for no good reason. The logos were also changed to mimic this style and I can't imagine why they thought it was an enhancement over how it looked previously. It looks flat out unprofessional. I guess it's finally time to move over to uBlock.
- by Usuário FF 17151627, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5Extensão boa, mas por ser uma extensão recomendada no Firefox para Android a aparência da interface das configurações da mesma está fora da resolução de tela e sem quebra de linha no aplicativo e precisa melhorar a tradução do idioma pt-BR nas configurações e se possível adicione um submenu de escolha do idioma local do usuário na extensão.
- by Chaython, 10 months agoRated 3 out of 5It's a great tool for extra privacy/security, but it misses some settings like there should be an option to allow first party script [I need to allow google, to login to youtube etc, but that shouldn't allow google to script on each website...], or a list of incompatible sites, that can auto-allow script...
Also with the newest firefox or one of my extensions, noscript makes browsing really slow.
- by shafto, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Something weird started happening recently, the extension just hangs and I'm unable to open websites. Debug info of the addon repeats this line
Uncaught (in promise) Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
The only way to fix this is to restart firefox. Disabling and enabling extension doesn't work (I could disable noscript and websites would start working, but then I'd have lots of scrips left unblocked).
- by Zippy8, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Like the reviewer VoxPop I too began to have issues with this extension - which I have used for several years - quite recently. It appears to be related to Firefox Sync as whitelisted domains disappear after I have used another PC upon returning to my main machine.
It has been an excellent, if occasionally labour intensive, addition to my online security but as of writing it frustrates as much as it protects.
- by Firefox user 16148634, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Funziona fin troppo bene. Di conseguenza, in una navigazione normale da "padre di famiglia" la maggior parte dei siti non funzionano in parte o del tutto, rendendo necessario disattivare e riattivare NoScript secondo necessità e con frequenza, compromettendo navigazione e appagamento.
Purtroppo sicurezza e soddisfasfazione sono due obiettivi non convergenti. Bisogna scegliere quale dei due è prioritario.
In ogni caso ringrazio Giorgio Maone per il suo ottimo lavoro.
Developer responseposted a year agoLe pagine "privilegiate" le decide il produttore del browser per evitare che le estensioni possano modificarle o "spiarle". Ad esempio modificare il comportamento di addons.mozilla.org potrebbe comportare l'aggiramento di alcune misure di sicurezza contro l'installazione di estensioni potenzialmente dannose non ancora controllate dallo staff editoriale. Lo stesso accade su Chrome per il Chrome Store.