Review by Yeko
Rated 3 out of 5by Yeko, 4 months ago
Something funky is going on with NoScript as of late. It has become very unstable in a sense that I click "temporarily allow" but nothing happens. I can see several JS domains to be allowed but none of them is getting allowed. I click on each to allow temporarily but nothing happens: the page neither refreshes nor loads after I refresh it manually. It is happening on a growing number of sites. And just to see the site I end up disabling it globally which totally defeats the purpose of this addon.
- Rated 2 out of 5by TELLALL4ALL, 6 days agogood at blocking all intrusive site cracker/hacker/tracking/iding scripts.
Many pages will not allow it's use and will not load. It's x-scripting alerts frequently freeze your browser and/or laptop such that you can't respond to them and you have to terminate the browser and start over-a real PITA. Fix the x-script and other alert problem, it would then be much better.
- Rated 5 out of 5by yoyo12, 6 days agoIt prevents scripts from running on the websites you visit which is really cool. However you would need to manually enable scripts on sites that you know are safe and want to use.
On average it will make sites load faster as many useless scripts (that track user activity and other things) will not run anymore. It is really cool to only allow what functionality you need from the sites you visit.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Flash, 8 days agoUntil this latest upate, I'd have given it 5 stars. But the newest version is awful. It's broken so many websites. Disabling restrictions doesn't make them work either; I have to disable it completely on those sites.
Developer responseposted 8 days agoHello, latest version doesn't contain any change justifying these problems.
Probably you're hitting some pre-existing configuration-specific bug. Could you please report with more details at https://noscript.net/forum? Thanks!
- Rated 5 out of 5by TC, 19 days agoAbsolutely LOVE this extension. It stops the garbage that overflows from social media sites and all others as well including NEWS sites!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 6290297, 23 days agoi kept getting redirected to a spyware website i had ad block, adguard, and browser guard and nothing worked till this!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14089294, a month agoI'm not enjoying it!! The latest update to Firefox has made a mess out of my PC. The noscript icon is gone and I have a huge number of web pages I cannot open.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17517349, a month agoIt blocks things from loading which is great but then I have to enable things to find out which things make the site work.
Also the extension will occasionally just stop any page from loading even though it is not blocking anything. I have to disable the extension to make firefox work again.