- by Firefox user 12462985, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Trialware! $7 a month. But this is not mentioned anywhere on the extension page. However, it does work extremely well. Please state that it's a premium extension with a 1 hour trial period so we know what we're installing.
- by Firefox user 15001576, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Ne fonctionne pas sur Firefox pour Android, nécessite de créer un compte, ne permet pas de lire les pages web en direct (il faut passer par leur interface et coller l'url, ce qui n'a même pas fonctionné avec une page Wikipedia...), et au final, est payant.
Ne l'installez pas et ne leur donnez pas vos données.
- by Paolo Bisio, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Paid extension & requires registration --> removed (for now).
This is not specified on your Firefox Add-ons description page (French version).
Be clear, guys! If you want to make money with your work, and this is more than fair, why don't you offer a completely and unlimited free version with short (and smart!) vocal ads inserts?
More listen time --> more ads --> more $!
Then, if someone wants to remove the ads inserts, he can subscribe & pay.
With friendship, and deep respect for your efforts,
- by Pastel Dark Mode, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Doesn't actually play audio. Also requires monthly subscription.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHi, sorry to hear that and thank you for your comment! We are constantly working on the improvement of our product and we test it before uploading to any of our stores. Do you mind describing what exactly doesn't work and how you are trying to play the audio? It could help us a lot in identifying and solving the problem.
About the monthly subscription: every our user gets free listening time every month but if our user wants more listening time, we have two plans with annual and monthly subscriptions. The platform Intelligent Speaker works on is not free and we do our best to minimize our users' costs, that is why we charge the minimum, to cover our own costs.
- by eUROs, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5UPDATE 12/02/19: It doesn't work anymore. I Disabled and Enabled it back, but it couldn't play the English article. So I am going to Uninstall it from my Mozila Firefox.
=> Old review: From the first try of this addon it has impressed me with the natural sound voices Such as the "US English Male: Matthew!!".
It is a very promising addon, but it is not free and it needs to create account in order to try it.
I signed in with my email and have tested it.
- What I would like to suggest is:
To be able to read the selected/highlighted text and have a pop-up bubble showing up when text is selected to make the action immediate and instant. Not to have to "right click" a paragraph, and send it each time and choosing "add to feed" and then Open the addon and click the play Button. I think you have to make the steps shorter, and not take all this process to be able to play and listen the selected text. I didn't gave all the five stars, because of two reasons:
(1) it shows you a "limit bar" for the month because you have to pay to listen to more hours of text. Which it is very limited.
(2) is because it asks for account creation.
(3) It doesn't have the Greek Language. You have the Turkish language and you don't have Greek? Seriously Now?Thank you for your feedback, we will think about faster reading of selected text.
We cannot make it free - we have operational and development costs.
Account creation - yes, nobody likes it and sometimes we receive feedback about it, maybe in the future we will make guest profiles for testing (without history sync).
About Greek language - we support all languages that support our underlying reading engine, they have no Greek and no Chinese, for example.
- by Yrepost, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Requires a signup and login with a third party website before any functionality is available.About third party website for signup - we use authentication service from AWS. Signup with Google is easy - no password required. You can see available functionality in the video on our website. Yes we understand that nobody loves to create new accounts, maybe in the future we will consider guest accounts.
- by Firefox user 5979009, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5> Haven't been able to change the playback speed
> Doesn't work in Reader View.
> Don't like the announcement at the start. I'd just like it to read the text and that's it.Thank you for your feedback. We are working on Intelligent Speaker's improvement. Please, note that it's a BETA version and there is still some space for new functionalities and bugfixing. If you could provide us more a detailed feedback we would be able to plunge into details and help you to figure out all the issues. Feel free to contact us email@example.com or via our social media: facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IntelligentSpeaker/ or twitter: https://twitter.com/IntSpeakerApp
UPDATE: now you can change the playback speed. And "announcement at the start" was rid off.