- Rated 2 out of 5by Cobra, 2 years agoLong ago this was a very stable and excellent program . . . not so much anymore. I have tried running this on Chrome, Firefox and Edge and the same thing happens on each browser . . . it simply stops working. I mostly use it on titantv.com to highlight favorite programs. It's just not stable anymore. It will hold the words for a little while and then suddenly they're all gone again. This is too bad, because it "was" a great program. Anyone know of a similar program?
- Rated 2 out of 5by Ramzes6, 3 years agoIt was great addon (and it still is) up to v4.9 for my Firefox 56.0.2. After that release all next releases are crap - they are completely not working in the same Firefox 56.0.2. After updating of this addon all my lists of words are gone. I click on + to add a words - and nothing happens. Clicking on other buttons doesn't work too. Addon completely dead and mulfunctional.
- Rated 2 out of 5by SuperNo, 3 years agoI enjoyed this addon until the recent update. First of all, this is a great addon to have and did a great job highlighting the keywords. I have over 100 words through various sites to make my tasks easier.
Now to the point of why I am not satisfied with the update. All of my keywords that I set up through this addons are gone, it just poofed. It happened right after the update, I believe, was a major revision of the addon. Now, I don't remember every words and it affect my productivity greatly and made a negative impact on my workflow due to recent update. I depends heavily on HighlightThis as it is part of my productivity.
Frankly, I am disappointed with this. I am expecting a quick export of my list before pushing the update. And now it is gone, I have no way of recovering those keywords that took me a while to get it in the list.
Unfortunately, I will be uninstalling this addon. It take too much work for me to put the list back. What is worse is that my memory is not that great, that means I can't even remember the key words that I set it up in the addon including the websites.
- Rated 2 out of 5by TheImperialCult, 3 years agoI was super happy with this addon. Virtually indespensible if I made money I would donate. Except now, after the last update, I can no longer copy and paste a list of words because he switched it from a text box to a "check mark bullet list" so it doesn't work for me anymore so I'm uninstalling it now because I can't get the pastebin link to work either. I definitely can't insert 4000 check mark bullet list words. I was using other programs to generate my list of words and just copying and pasting the result every time I needed to update.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHi, Thanks for the feedback. It was not the intention to break copy/paste. I primarly work on the Chrome version and there it works correctly. I will fix the paste of words asap. Firefox seems to be handling contenteditable elements quite differentle than Chrome.
I have a fix and am testing it. Probably it will be ready in 2 days
- Rated 2 out of 5by Eastpak1984, 4 years agoWorked great until Firefox 68.0.2 - now it does nothing :-(
update: i've minimized the Problem - its the URL. If i use it on any website, it works. If i add a filter to use it for only one website, it doesnt work.
(Doesnt work any more, because some days ago it worked great)
Developer responseposted 4 years agoHi Eastpak1984, do you have the latest version (4.7) of Highlight this?
Is it not working on a specific website? if so, can you share a link?
Do you have multiple wordlists? if so, can you try disable one by one? or can you create 1 list of words with 1 word and check if that works?
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12620236, 4 years agoFirefox 68. Don't work and hang browser tab. Used two multiple words list(more that 50 lines, japanese/korean symbols, etc). Trying with disabled other extensions, change "Highlight This" configs, still freezes tab. Nothing work, same with performance slider. This is perfect highlighter i seeks for ages, but it not work for me. Sorry, can't provide more info, BUT this extension works in chromium.