Rated 2 out of 5by Cobra, a year ago
Long ago this was a very stable and excellent program . . . not so much anymore. I have tried running this on Chrome, Firefox and Edge and the same thing happens on each browser . . . it simply stops working. I mostly use it on titantv.com to highlight favorite programs. It's just not stable anymore. It will hold the words for a little while and then suddenly they're all gone again. This is too bad, because it "was" a great program. Anyone know of a similar program?
- Rated 4 out of 5by Kostas Margiavičius, 2 years agoAwesome idea. But I'm experiencing an errors:
1. Some sites start to partially duplicate text blocks if it has highlighted words. Need to refresh the page to fix it (YouTube), but sometimes even refresh doesn't solve the problem (Facebook).
2. Almost all highlighted words have a vertical strip to their right and are underlined for some reason.
Win10, Firefox 83.0
- Rated 3 out of 5by Nicholas, 2 years agoSeems like a good app. Except new lists aren't appearing on the dropdown menu. Only the Default Group. Not sure why but I can live with it for now. Otherwise, it's great.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15129930, 2 years agoFirefox 81.0.1 (64-bit)
Why are all Non synchronized list remove and settings restore to default after clearing firefox Offline Website Data?
- Rated 2 out of 5by Ramzes6, 2 years agoIt was great addon (and it still is) up to v4.9 for my Firefox 56.0.2. After that release all next releases are crap - they are completely not working in the same Firefox 56.0.2. After updating of this addon all my lists of words are gone. I click on + to add a words - and nothing happens. Clicking on other buttons doesn't work too. Addon completely dead and mulfunctional.
- Rated 2 out of 5by SuperNo, 2 years agoI enjoyed this addon until the recent update. First of all, this is a great addon to have and did a great job highlighting the keywords. I have over 100 words through various sites to make my tasks easier.
Now to the point of why I am not satisfied with the update. All of my keywords that I set up through this addons are gone, it just poofed. It happened right after the update, I believe, was a major revision of the addon. Now, I don't remember every words and it affect my productivity greatly and made a negative impact on my workflow due to recent update. I depends heavily on HighlightThis as it is part of my productivity.
Frankly, I am disappointed with this. I am expecting a quick export of my list before pushing the update. And now it is gone, I have no way of recovering those keywords that took me a while to get it in the list.
Unfortunately, I will be uninstalling this addon. It take too much work for me to put the list back. What is worse is that my memory is not that great, that means I can't even remember the key words that I set it up in the addon including the websites.
- Rated 1 out of 5by kanaden, 2 years agoAfter 5.1.2, I can't see any highlighted results in editable fields (test boxes), but the found number is only shown on an icon of menu bar. I hope to check and correct it immediately. Or could you tell me how to install older version ? Because I need this addon for work.
(added at Aug.06, 2020)
Thank you for your quick revised action! But some type of text boxes are not highlighted yet. In older versions, those boxes were highlighted.
- Rated 2 out of 5by TheImperialCult, 2 years agoI was super happy with this addon. Virtually indespensible if I made money I would donate. Except now, after the last update, I can no longer copy and paste a list of words because he switched it from a text box to a "check mark bullet list" so it doesn't work for me anymore so I'm uninstalling it now because I can't get the pastebin link to work either. I definitely can't insert 4000 check mark bullet list words. I was using other programs to generate my list of words and just copying and pasting the result every time I needed to update.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHi, Thanks for the feedback. It was not the intention to break copy/paste. I primarly work on the Chrome version and there it works correctly. I will fix the paste of words asap. Firefox seems to be handling contenteditable elements quite differentle than Chrome.
I have a fix and am testing it. Probably it will be ready in 2 days
- Rated 5 out of 5by Dylan, 2 years agoExactly what I was looking for and works exactly as expected. Extremely helpful in quickly sifting through job postings to highlight keywords that are applicable to my skills. Thanks for developing this extension, Wim, exceptionally helpful!