Reviews for Highlight This: finds and marks words
Highlight This: finds and marks words by Wim Deboel
Review by Firefox user 15057071
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17910327, 9 days agoI sure can't figure out how to use this. Not very intuitive.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Alexander A., 22 days agoHello, Wim. Couldn't find a bug report page, so I'm posting it here.
There's a bug with Regex's Lookahead/Lookbehind where it mixes up colors of the highlighted words if a pattern containing Lookahead/Lookbehind was found (at least that's how I think it works).
To reproduce this you need to create three lists and color them red, green and blue. Then add to each list one of these patterns: "r(?=[a-z])", g(?=[a-z]), b(?=[a-z]). Then reload a page and see that a lot of the highlighted letters don't match their colors. It will also mix up the colors of patterns not containing Lookahead/Lookbehind if you add those as well.
A couple of requests: could you please make the list of word lists slimmer? I usually make a bunch of differently color-coded lists for websites, and sometimes it requires some amount of scrolling to get to the list I need. Also, notifications that the list is limited to certain websites are unnecessary because, you know, every list should have those. Also, case-insensitive sorting method for lists and words would be appreciated.
Other than that, it's a "Must Have" add-on, greatly improved my browsing experience!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Lindsay, 9 months agoThis app is ok. Doesn't always pick out all the correct words to highlight.
- Rated 5 out of 5by furomin, 9 months agoReally useful addon! Use it on nearly all my brwosers, works flawlessly even on something like Edge!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17049191, 2 years agoI lost all my lists after import some lists from another pc. Please consider to develop a auto-backup or multi-list combining feature. Many thanks.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Cobra, 2 years agoLong ago this was a very stable and excellent program . . . not so much anymore. I have tried running this on Chrome, Firefox and Edge and the same thing happens on each browser . . . it simply stops working. I mostly use it on titantv.com to highlight favorite programs. It's just not stable anymore. It will hold the words for a little while and then suddenly they're all gone again. This is too bad, because it "was" a great program. Anyone know of a similar program?
- Rated 5 out of 5by olegzbf, 2 years agoно после обновлений Mozilla Firefox похоже бывает что вылетает. Переустановка помогает
- Rated 4 out of 5by Kostas Margiavičius, 3 years agoAwesome idea. But I'm experiencing an errors:
1. Some sites start to partially duplicate text blocks if it has highlighted words. Need to refresh the page to fix it (YouTube), but sometimes even refresh doesn't solve the problem (Facebook).
2. Almost all highlighted words have a vertical strip to their right and are underlined for some reason.
Win10, Firefox 83.0
- Rated 3 out of 5by Nicholas, 3 years agoSeems like a good app. Except new lists aren't appearing on the dropdown menu. Only the Default Group. Not sure why but I can live with it for now. Otherwise, it's great.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15129930, 3 years agoFirefox 81.0.1 (64-bit)
Why are all Non synchronized list remove and settings restore to default after clearing firefox Offline Website Data?
- Rated 2 out of 5by Ramzes6, 3 years agoIt was great addon (and it still is) up to v4.9 for my Firefox 56.0.2. After that release all next releases are crap - they are completely not working in the same Firefox 56.0.2. After updating of this addon all my lists of words are gone. I click on + to add a words - and nothing happens. Clicking on other buttons doesn't work too. Addon completely dead and mulfunctional.