Reviews for Grammarly: Grammar Checker and Writing App
Grammarly: Grammar Checker and Writing App by Grammarly
- Rated 3 out of 5by SFGary, 5 years agoWorks if I don't edit while typing, for example on a comments page. Every time, I correct something or change a word, all the previous changes Grammarly corrected goes back to what it was, and I have to fix them again, very tiresome. Seems like it has Alzheimer's. May be a bug.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Zoeymae, 5 years agoI either don't know how to use this OR It isn't working. It does pause all computer activity for a bit while it's working but then releases. But I don't see anything at all the changed, shows symbols, etc.
- Rated 3 out of 5by jdelano, 5 years ago1st Grammarly is a really great aid and I like it very much.
However, I started using Grammarly on Google Chrome, I have to say it works much better on that browser. There are 2 things that aren't working well for me on Firefox 58.
1. When reading an article some place that I decide to post to FB, the little share window expands out of control after I installed Grammarly. Here is a Google document with a couple of screenshots (the window will not stop expanding thus hiding the post button.)
2. I encounter a large number of text areas where the in place correction doesn't work and in order to use Grammarly to effect changes I'm required to edit with the Grammarly pop out, it is just a step I haven't had to use while using Chrome
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13069308, 5 years agoI have not been able to get Grammarly to work. I get messages each week that I am not active . Grammarly seems to know who I am but i can't use it, extensions or not! Very unhappy and cannot recommend this until i get it to work???
- Rated 3 out of 5by Ashwani, 5 years agoWorking fine for less content page, If page has little more content then plug-in is simply not working.... Grammarly need to must review it once for Firefox.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13628222, 5 years agoGrammarly is great but the extension is missing a critical feature - it cannot be disabled by default for all websites and only enabled manually for some on which it is needed, let it be gmail, reddit or facebook. Switching it off for every website except some is troublesome and disabling extension until it is needed is even more so. It would be also great to have a way to enable spell checking for websites on which it does not work by default - maybe context menu item "Enable Grammarly" - for example hukd.com comments don't work with grammarly plugin. Please fix it and 5 star rating will be the well deserved rating.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13617364, 5 years ago"Grammarly will make sure your messages, documents, and social media posts are clear, mistake-free, and impactful."
Impactful is a neologism that was coined by people whose command of English vocabulary wasn't sufficiently fluent enough to come up with a more appropriate accepted usage word or words. Is this the quality of grammatical assistance I can expect from this add-on?
More dumbing down that's been tarted up as progress...
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13608462, 5 years agoI love this plugin, but for a couple of days now it is terribly slowing Firefox Quantum (57.0.1) down. Please fix this. I can't use it as it is now functioning.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13600316, 5 years agoI love this plugin, but for a couple of days it is terribly slowing Firefox down. Please fix this.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13587295, 5 years agoJe n'ai utilisé ce module qu'une seul fois donc!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13477809, 6 years agoIt's okay, helpful to know what you want to do!