Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 14535620, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This app is amazing! What a lifesaver when you lose the page you were working on...You can find past form entries and not have to type them again! Very impressed!
- by Daniel Saner, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5An excellent add-on, reliable and with a lot of options and features, just how I like it. It's one of those extensions that, over time, you forget you have installed, but when its time for it to do its job, you'll be so glad you have it there. Or get very frustrated that you forgot to install it on your new system =)
- by Artem S. Tashkinov, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5A great extension however:
1) On CentOS 7 64/Firefox 62, when I invoke various FHC windows they are empty until I resize the windows - that's kinda annoying. I'm using the dark theme but nothing changes when I switch to the default theme.
2) Please allow to configure the data save interval (in milliseconds) - I haven't found this option anywhere.
If you're in for alternatives, there's also https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/textarea-cache/Hi, thanks for the review.
Regarding the issues you mentioned:
1) This is actually a bug in Firefox affecting Linux users, see Bugzilla issue 1416505 (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1416505)
2) Saving data is currently performed every 5 seconds. Doing it more often has a negative impact on overall performance because it is not the keystrokes that are saved but the entire text you are editing. So in a worst case scenario you loose at most 5 seconds worth of typing.
- by Firefox user 14288735, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5The old version (1.4) was much better!
This new (2.0) seems to be heavier + missing that good advanced search + "delete all with same value/name" ready on right click... The old one was not saving the "message field text" and it was good! In this one I've found full mail conversations, google translate field etc etc... Pity!
PS: just found the 1.4 ver here that works on FF 56!
5 stars to this one!!! ;)Almost a complete rewrite of the original code base is necessary to migrate to the WebExtension based version. The most important bits are now done and I am currently working on the remaining features to make it as awesome as it was before, so please be patient because it is a ton of work.
- by SiCo, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Quite possibly, the best add-on available to mankind!!!!!!
'He's a madman!.....', 'He's drunk!...', you might be thinking???
I'm not going to deny either....... neither are illegal, in most places...... anyway, Form History Control (+ some kind of clipboard app) are the first additions to any browser I'm going to use, I wouldn't feel safe without it!!!! These very words, for example, the potential dangers that are out there, itching to wipe every last letter out, beyond rescue, never to be heard of again.......
They're everywhere, these 'text-takers', I suffered horrible losses, painful, heartbreaking losses that a lesser man may not have got past.......
This was all before I found out about FHC, + just in time it was, too, I was probably one textual tragedy away from really getting angry......... + you wouldn't like me when I'm angry............
There's a fair chance, you wouldn't like me when I'm happy as Larry + at one with Mother Earth........ let's just say I was tired of something happening that wound up with what I'd been writing, disappearing + staying that way.
That crushing loss is a thing of the past, the psychotic rage, that would often accompany it, is gone, too, for the most part........ It's true to say, FHC can improve your health + all around sense of well-being........ more controversially, it makes you more intelligent, better looking + more attractive to women...... It did for me, anyway, perhaps I was just lucky?...?.... but that's how it was, I kid you not!
It works, + it even tells you how to go about using it, a 'user guide' type vibe is provided which as ridiculous as though it might sound, that's often not the case..... Add-ons that work, as well as try to ensure you'll be able to use them, go a long way to earning my love + admiration, neither of which I dish out like confetti.........
Form History Control rocks + it rocks hard, if you've not got it on board already, then get a grip of yourself, pull yourself together, + go + do something about it!
It does a bunch of stuff I've not even touched upon so you'll have to look into that yourself, I'm not going to do it all for you........ you're not on your Dad's yacht........
- by Firefox user 5683589, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks for the 22.214.171.124. Looks like it takes care of everything I was asking for in previous review. Not sure how to blacklist certain fields, but will look further into the documentation.
EDIT: actually, not seeing how to blacklist a field. Don't want text saved. Have entered both "message" and "textarea" in the field blacklist area, and hit Apply, but neither removes saved item.
UPDATE: SOLVED, blacklisting a field area doesn't remove an existing entry, only future ones of the same type.
- by The Beard Below My Chin, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5First of thanks for keeping it updated, I'm a long time user. I have a few nitpicks that haven't been addressed in the latest version: The small pop-up clips too much information and I never use it, could you make it re-sizable? Could you add hot keys? One last thing, will advanced search ever make a return?There are size limitations set by the browser for small popups. If you want to see more information use the bigger and resizable dialog (right mouseclick, first option).
User definable shortcut keys are on my todo list, the possibility for this was made available to add-ons recently.
- by Cyberknight, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is one of the essential add-ons on any Firefox. At work, I have to use Windows Vista, so I'm stuck with Firefox 52 ESR, but luckily, version 1.4 works wonderfully there! Recently, I noticed it works somewhat better than on the Firefox Quantum at home: I cannot edit password field entries with version 2.0! I know the field names, I know the data there are in them, but they simply don't show up on listing or searching. I wonder if that's a Firefox Quantum limitation (for improving security, that ends up opening a security hole, because I cannot delete those fields' data).Password fields are not stored by this add-on, that is by design. Firefox itself however will save this data (if you chose to do so), but will do that in protected storage. The Form History Control (or any other extension) has no access to that internal storage of Firefox.
- by loukote, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Looking forward for a sync across devices.
Does not work on mobile FF - impossible to interact (copy etc buttons do not respond).Syncing settings using the standard synchronization mechanism would be no problem but syncing data (form history) would be impossible because of the 100KB size limit.
- by MiZiGe, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Would be nice if I could disable "remembering" certain field types or sites. Otherwise, a great replacement for lazarus :)