- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17717074, 8 months agoThis module SAVED AGAIN MY WHOLE LIFE TODAY !!!
I was encountering two bugs simultaneously, one locally in Firefox, messing up displayed data (cache issues), and one in my hosting provider service, mixing up creation and modification dates ... so, I was not editing the file I thought (kind of wiki thing, online web page editor). So at the point I thought I had lost 1 to 2 months of INTENSE WORK, I visited this module, to check if by huge CHANCE it had saved any data recently ... and, the plugin pointed out that since 1 week I was editing the wrong file (with Firefox showing the wrong URL in the address bar), and then I could prove that my web server was showing creation dates in the modification column.
I was about to release my project sunday night.
Without this plugin, I would have lost 2 months of work (1 for preparing the project, 1 working on it), and because I am short of money, I would have been forced to abandon it ... at less than 60h from launch time.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Andrew P., a year agoDoes not work at all with Firefox ESR. Having used the browser for several months, by now Form History Control should be showing several dozen entries, but it comes up completely blank.
- Rated 5 out of 5by DudeGuy, a year agoWorks exactly as I need it to, good job! I used to use Lazarus on FF years ago, and have been using Typio on Chrome, now that I'm making the move back to FF, this is exactly what I needed.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Mister GothFvck, a year agoThis addon has saved so many long threads and e-mails. I'm so glad it exists and have recommended it to many people.
I imagine many computer screens have not been smashed because FHC saved entries when machines froze. lol.
- Rated 5 out of 5by asdkofoaweifiwae, a year agoForm history is epic and the only replacement for lazarus but it keeps on giving itself its FF shortcut commands back! Despite going into about:addons and deleting its currently active shortcuts, those shortcuts are restored after this extension is.. updated or saved somehow.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Lloyd Dunamis, 2 years agoWhy is it that whenever it's really needed, it's the time it doesn't work!...
It sees the YouTube comment as a retrievable/restorable field, why did it not save it when the video finishes and play the next in queue?... Ugh...
(I'm sure it restores as functional; just not when it's totally needed...)
- Rated 2 out of 5by guyfromkcmo, 2 years agoVery helpful. The only issue I have is the animations and fades and all that. I'd very much love if I could turn all of that off. It slows everything down significantly.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 16644741, 2 years agoLifesaver
I just came back to Firefox because Safari did not offer this. This has been a lifesaver.
How many times were you revising and editing an email online, or filling in a form only to accidentally migrate away or lose the page?
With this, you've got it on your computer. The interface is tricky--I still have t0 try a few ways and I'm not sure why I choose the selections that are available but I get it. And most of the time it does have the complete text to put it in there. Once or twice it has not worked and I don't know why.
If the interface and the options were clearer, I'd give it a 5.
One other thing. I want to be able to submit questions via my add-on page. I don't want to learn how to use github, and create an account there. But perhaps I've forgotten, Customers need to remember that it is our duty to make it easier for the businesses we deal with.
- Rated 3 out of 5by mecki78, 2 years agoIt does work. That's the only positive thing I can write about it. The UI is ugly and clumsy, it's annoying to work with and if there was any alternative that would only offer the same basic functionality, I'd probably switch at once.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13000085, 2 years agoIch hatte früher Lazarus - das war perfekt. Geht aber nicht mehr. FHC ist die absolute Krücke! Und so gut wie nicht zu gebrauchen. Ok - es hat mir schon mehrmals Eingabefelder wieder gebracht, nachdem ich versehentlich den Tab geschlossen hatte. Besser also als nichts. Aber so wie Lazarus funktioniert es bei weitem leider nicht. Z.B. wenn ich auf einer bestimmten Webseite einen alten Inhalt in einem Feld wieder haben möchte bekomme ich alle Eingabefelder der letzten Zeit angeboten. Auch von ganz anderen Webseiten. Da darf nur das angezegt werden, was zuvor auf dieser Webseite mal eingegeben wurde. Also z.B. bei Ebaybewertungen auch nur alte vorausgegangene Bewertungen. Und nicht Facebooktexte oder sonstige Eingabn auf anderen Seiten. Deshalb nur 1 Stern
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13797441, 2 years agoA fantastic ass-saver plugin, but the UI/UX ..sometimes.. ... ARRGH.
Why in this wide world.. are those fields readonly? If i need the URL, i have to open my devtools and remove this nonsense parameter. I'm sure there's a technical reason behind this descision, but from a user perspective, this is complete nonsense.
Edit: @Stephan you're right, i was very busy and pissed ;) Pardon. I will check out Github tomorrow.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoInstead of complaining it would be more constructive to issue a feature request and make me aware of this unforeseen usability issue. This is probably very easy to fix.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Acer.F, 2 years agoGreat tool and reliably working, but you should be aware of the creepy point here, you install a database, that saves everything you type in non encrypted forms. Who knows who want to buy this tool and all the information behind this.
I have no Idea how to protect this data.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoIt is certainly true that this add-on stores everything you type in forms and fields, but everything is kept strictly local and no data is sent anywhere not even anonymously.
You can choose the retention period for all data that is saved, so choose a very short retention period or delete everything immediately after use if privacy is a concern.