- by Jay, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5So here's how I got this extension to work.
1. Click the extension on an open website
2. Select the particular favicon you want. The URL will automatically be copied
3. Open the properties for the particular bookmark you want to use.
4. Paste the favicon URL into the URL of the bookmark and hit save
5. Reload the webpage so that the favicon image is displayed on the screen
6. Now replace the URL of the bookmark to the ORIGINAL URL
7. Click the bookmark.
- by Firefox user 14330549, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5It works but not for any form of wildcards.
Meaning that you can't make ONE rule to change the icon of:
Allowing the user to make a rule for *.google.com is really needed for this extension to be useful. Chrome extensions already offer this feature.
- by TrueBlue1981, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5No idea what to do. Added the URL of the site, added a PNG for the favicon... nothing has changed, nothing has happened. Reloaded the tabs and the favicon stays the same. Doesn't seem to do anything.