- by Laura, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is exactly what I needed! I like to keep my bookmark toolbar as clean as possible with only icons, but some sites don't have favicons specified and I didn't want them all looking the same, obviously. It could use a bit of documentation on use, as the average user would expect to see some sort of icon to click or something to bring up the options or a new menu option in Page Actions. Otherwise, this is perfect and I hope it stays around!
- by Ed_P, a year agoRated 5 out of 5It doesn't work with my 60.9.0 ESR release. Any way to get it fixed??
- update (03/12) -
Now it works!! Thank you. :-)
But it doesn't support .ico icons. The .ico files have to be converted to .png format.
There is a concern when adding a new favicon to the system when there are others implemented. The Custom favicon function for the implemented favicons shows "No file selected" even though there is an icon shown to the right of the Name entry field.
- by MenioMercina, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works perfectly for me! Was able to completely customise the favicons of various websites in the browser window as well when saved as a bookmark in the toolbar.
# Do note that once you customise a website's bookmark favicon, you'll have to delete all occurances of that website from your browser history in order for you to update the website's favicon with a new one (new ones wouldn't show up for me otherwise).
- by Firefox user 14287743, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great experiment! Do not stop!
An incredibly useful tool for optimizing workspace, completely solves the problem with chaos in the tabs, when they do NOT have their own favicon.
- by Mike_tn, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works Perfectly Fine! NOTE 1: you have to fill out the fields in bottom of the 'about:addons' page for the extension. NOTE 2: for my use it was noticed that I had to keep the "Page Title String" field empty or it would not work, otherwise it is fine. NOTE 3: On certain websites the use of a favicon appearing in the bookmark toolbar is blocked no matter what, that's not a fault of the extension, the same thing happened with the old "bookmarks favicon changer" extension, but when a favicon can't appear in the bookmark toolbar, it still always appears in the tab above. Complaints in the reviews saying it doesn't work for FFQuantum at all are bogus. Thanks for this extension! Please keep it going.
- by Firefox user 13811839, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Quantumになって、ファビコンカスタマイズのアドオンが見つからず、残念に思っていましたが、
- by DigitalGuy, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This ABSOLUTELY WORKS! Thank you for making this extension. It saves me so much time, no more chrome.css editing! Awesome sauce for those that love custom favicons.