- by A.N. Ominous, 23 days agoRated 3 out of 5It works well for tabs, but Bookmarks can revert.
I specifically got this as I needed a certain site bookmarked but I didn't like how it's icon contrasted poorly with my theme. Now the alternate icon only shows up on the tab and the bookmark has gone back to the old icon which is rather disappointing.
5/5 for initially meeting my use case and being relatively straightforward to figure out,
-1 for reverting the bookmark to the old icon the next time I opened Firefox.
-1 since I can't figure out how to get the bookmark to use the adjusted icon, even though the tab is correct.
- by Firefox user 16758997, a month agoRated 4 out of 5Nice tool! - Instead of uploading a custom icon, optional, what do think about the possibility of setting an alternative url as a favicon-resource ("redirecting")? I'm thinking of an often occuring problem of having a bookmark to a login-site subpage without a favicon, though the main url of the page have one. Also in this way the favicon would always be up to date. - Beside that, creating a backup-file per click with all url patterns and icons would be great (i.e. if you have to reinstall system or something like that). THANKS!
- by David Lewis, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5This is a very sad review. I cannot recommend this add-on because I can find no easy way to actually use it! The developer doesn't give any instructions, which lacks courtesy and consideration and handicaps his chances of getting anyone to use the thing! Advice by other reviewers who also found no instructions are opaque or technically impenetrable. A good piece of software should either have foolproof instructions provided or be so "bleeding obvious" (Monty Python quote!) that none are needed. This one has neither and consequently must be considered as badly designed for use by anyone other than the guy who wrote it.
- by diom, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Thanks for this extension. Makes finding tabs related to large sites much easier :).
Would be 5 stars if the URL match could take multiple URLs. e.g.
Name: Big-Site Section A
At the minute I need a config for each.
- by dpearsonwork, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5Works fine here, however I need to be on the active tab for the icon to apply. If I have multiple tabs open and one of them refreshes in the background, it will lose the icon. 5 out of 5 if this would be fixed!
- by Laura, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is exactly what I needed! I like to keep my bookmark toolbar as clean as possible with only icons, but some sites don't have favicons specified and I didn't want them all looking the same, obviously. It could use a bit of documentation on use, as the average user would expect to see some sort of icon to click or something to bring up the options or a new menu option in Page Actions. Otherwise, this is perfect and I hope it stays around!
- by andus.andre, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5Not sure why it's even listed. Seems very clunnky to have to go to options each time to use. Never been able to save or use. It does not seem to work anymore. REMOVE.
- by unknown14725, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5Does not work anymore. Used to work fine a couple of years ago. I dont get why people are giving it 5 stars today. Are they on a really old version of Firefox perhaps?
- by Firefox user 14320466, 10 months agoRated 1 out of 5I could not get this app to work. I couldn't see the extension icon in the top-right of firefox, so there was nothing to click to get the favicon changed. Frustrating.
- by timtak, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I can't seem to get it to work. There are a lot of google sites, so I would like e.g. books.google.com to display a book favicon and not the "G."
I opened the page for the extension. Entered https://books.google.com
downloaded and selected a book favicon and saved it as a png file. Now when I type in books.google.com to the address bar the favicon of the tab is changed to the book favicon of my choice but my bookmark bar favicon remains the G even if I drag the new book favicon Google Books tab to the book mark bar.
Additionally, pages that I open with my bookmark bar entry at the same address, do not have their favicon changed, unless I reload them.
I have tried it with another URL and the same result.
I am not using the name string now but I did try it.
I have tried deleting history too.
- by Ed_P, a year agoRated 5 out of 5It doesn't work with my 60.9.0 ESR release. Any way to get it fixed??
- update (03/12) -
Now it works!! Thank you. :-)
But it doesn't support .ico icons. The .ico files have to be converted to .png format.
There is a concern when adding a new favicon to the system when there are others implemented. The Custom favicon function for the implemented favicons shows "No file selected" even though there is an icon shown to the right of the Name entry field.