- by spectre, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5since last week it has slowed down google search to a crawl. even scrolling down in google is affected. even typing a search when you are already in google lags. disabling the extension fixes this immediately. must be a bad update. i will fix the 1 star review if this is fixed soon
Developer responseposted 3 months agoOur Cash Back Button no longer integrates with Google searches. It shouldn't cause any lags or reduce the speed of any searches. We recommend removing our extension and reinstalling it from our website here: Rakuten.com/button.htm If you still notice the lag and slow down after the fresh installation, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can dig into this issue for you.
- by BossBully80, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5I found a sale on a supplement I've been looking for that's been aout of stock a good bit lately. The supplement is NAC (N-Acetylcysteine) and it was $17 and some change where it's normally $25. That's a big savings when you have children! Anyway, I forgot this flipping thing was on my browser and when I went to purchase, the page refreshed and I was getting charged 23.17 a bottle! I asked the customer service what the heck was happening and they suggested I try to turn off this app. The price dropped to 19 and some change but that was NOT the original discount. I WILL be writing a serious complaint tomorrow because that pitiful little cash back in whatever 'credits' to jack me around like that is BS. I believe it is probably bordering on illegal!
- by Jerry, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5SHITTY APP. I DON'T WANT POPUP TO EVERY SITES I VISITED. STOP BUGGING ME. I JUST WANT IT TO RUN ON EBAY.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoOur Cash Back Button extension is designed to pop up and remind our Members of the Cash Back offer available when they visit a partnering merchant's website. There currently isn't any way to directly update the settings for the extension to only pop up the notification for one merchant. You can go into the settings for the extension and add websites where you don't want the Cash Back Button notification to appear to the "Hide activation reminders on these sites" list. You can also uninstall the extension and shop directly through our website, Rakuten.com, or through our mobile app on Android phones, iPhones, and iPads.
- by boggle, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Will not pay out cash back on large purchases. Bought a Lenovo laptop with 8% cash back, Rakuten tracked the purchase successfully but dragged their feet for over a month before telling me they couldn't issue the cashback with a slew of reasons why it could have failed. If you don't get the cash back credited right away, you can bet you'll never see it. Worse than a mail-in-rebate, Rakuten is a glorified SCAM. Just look how fake review-bombed this plugin is.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoWe are sorry you have had this experience with us. We sometimes reach out to the merchant directly to verify and order's eligibility for Cash Back. Every one of our partnered merchants has its own Cash Back Terms that may exclude certain items, departments, coupons used, or other things from earning Cash Back. A little review goes a long way to helping our Members rack it up consistently with Rakuten.
- by Broffrey, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5Avoid this kind of useless shop-savings extensions that in facts can spy what you are looking on the internet, it's just collecting informations on you to profile you and similar customers to finally target ads/products/services. That's desguished spyware in counterpart to provide you a pretended nice service for free.
And just about the service provided: this kind of extensions (lots of similar exist like this one) can modify the webpages on-the-fly and also can censure some parts or search results to guide you to buy to a specific shop... instead of a concurrent. And guess who is paying the extension editor to do that? Sellers?
Just look at what this extension is requiring at the Permissions part...
Mind again before adding browser extensions!
- by Firefox user 17214341, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5I've been using this extension since they were Ebates. It's good for people who are dedicated to cash back and deals but takes some effort and can be intrusive at times. I don't mind it because the cash back is worth it and transfers to my PayPal seamlessly- and the popups remind me to use it.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoWe appreciate the kind words! Thank you for your loyalty throughout the years, too. We aim to make our Cash Back Button extension a seamless and effortless addition to our Members' shopping experiences.
- by Firefox user 17173836, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5Immensely intrusive popups, interrupts and even breaks user experience and worst offense, navigates users away from webpages just so the user can press some activate button and then redirects to completely different page. wow
Developer responseposted 7 months agoOur Cash Back Button alerts Members of potential Cash Back when they visit a partnering merchant's website. We provide our Members the chance to activate this offer before they make their purchase so they are to be sure their eligible order reports to their account for Cash Back. Once activated, our Members should be routed back to the main page for the merchant to continue their shopping. If any of the pop-ups are in the way, you can go into the settings for our Cash Back Button and add the merchant's website to the "Hide activation reminders on these sites" list.
- by Solistus, a year agoRated 1 out of 5was great right up until it became effing adware
one day i opened my motherboard maker's support page to check for driver updates and saw a Rakuten banner at the top of the page telling me I could save 1% by buying from Corsair instead
there doesn't seem to be any setting to disable this "feature" so I did what I do any time I find adware on my system, I purged it with extreme prejudice.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoOur Price Magic feature helps our Members find comparable items from merchants who partner with Rakuten and award Cash Back. Currently, this feature cannot be disabled within the Cash Back Button's settings. You can continue to take advantage of our services by going directly to Rakuten.com or by using our mobile app.
- by Probably_Jake, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Pop-ups are always there when i don't need them, and never there when I do. Asked for my $40 cash back check over 6 moths ago and it never came. All this has done for me is waste my time. Haven't saved anything with this. Don't waste your time with this add-on.We always want our Members to receive the Cash Back they have earned. We can also look into why our Cash Back Button is not notifying you of possible Cash Back at certain merchants. Please reach out to our team at email@example.com. We are here to help!
- by Insevin7, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I don't want popups with this app. I just need my cashback to work despite adblockers. The popups from Rakuten are very disruptive and should be able to be turned off.
Response to the dev response: You make it sound like I am complaining about a problem or don't understand something. I don't need help. I am against a feature of your addon that "reminds" me to shop at websites while browsing. I don't need any popup originating out of your addon. I only use the addon to counteract my adblockers so you can track my shopping without interruption. The undesired bloat from the popups is what my feedback is aimed at. The adblocker I use does not have filter lists but performs better than others out there, so that is something I cannot and won't change.Our team can help you adjust your adblocker's settings to allow our services to work, while keeping your adblocker active elsewhere. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help!