- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13528712, 6 years agoGood replacement for DownThemAll. BRAVO.
It would be nice, though, to be able to change the download folder.
(Where exactly the "DownloadStar" folder is located ???)
- Rated 5 out of 5by madtom, 6 years agoSo far, far better than expected! I have been able to download multiple files from websites easily and quickly, so they can be mass-handled or topically filed once in hand. [using the version of Firefox that runs on Linux Mint Debian Edition]
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13011485, 6 years agoFirstly I appreciate there being an effort to replace DtA since it's been left by the wayside until the creator can update it. This is an acceptible substitute. I appreciate being able to filter the availble links. Currently looking for the ability to throttle download speeds as well as queue list to squentially download one at a time.
- Rated 5 out of 5by ffw62, 6 years agoVery nice! Thank you so much!
I have been looking for a DownThemAll replacement for a lllong time. This is really helpful.
I hope, one day, it will be able to add linked text to downloaded file (often a description), create a log file of URLs, linked text and downloaded file names and remove the % from the file names. Again, many thanks, I hope you will keep on developing this add-on.
- Rated 5 out of 5by lemonstar, 6 years agoReally simple to use. Quick. Works first time. Perfect for quickly downloading a load of pdf files from an educational website. Thank-you - it'll be very useful.
- Rated 4 out of 5by aswicks, 6 years agoThis downloads into whatever directory you have defined as your default download directory in subdirectory DownloadStar. Works fine. But, when looking at downloads in Firefox and select 'Open Containing Folder' nothing happens. When I open a PDF and then examine Properties I can find the directory that way.
But, I would really, really like to have the option of selecting the download directory like the old version.
Thanks for this plugin. I have missed this ability. Please keep up the good work.
- Rated 3 out of 5by ChrisW, 6 years agoThis add-on does what it says and works fine with the limited features it implemented. It works etter than some other add-ons which were advertised as a replacement for DownThemAll. - A more useful way of selecting a download-folder with a 'Save As' dialog could make this extension better. Also the built-in downloader of FF is quite limited, as you cannot cancel a list of pending downloads.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13816259, 6 years agoIt seems like FF tries to download all files simultaneously instead of one by one, making FF very slow and unresponsive and downloads do not even start automatically if there are too many. You have to cancel and retry one by one.
Also unable to change download location, only a subfolder in the default download location can be made.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12830901, 6 years agoIt does not need to interact with an external program, but simply controls Firefox' integrated download manager - great approach! And it replaces DownThemAll's ability to select from the links in a website, with less clutter. The fast filter could be greatly improved by adding a logic OR operator, though.
- Rated 5 out of 5by vidhyarthi, 6 years agoWorks great. It downloads only to the specified location of DownloadStar/
which is in the download directory C:\Users\\Downloads
If you change the path, it doesn't work. At last a DTA replacement.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13891282, 6 years agoI was so excited! It looks great, appears easy to use and was promising to be the replacement for Downloadthemall. HOWEVER! It appears it is doing everything it was asked to do however, no files are downloaded. Strangely enough though you can click on the download list and it will show the file but the items are not on your hard-drive where it says they were dropped. Please keep working on it, so close!
- Rated 2 out of 5by pras92, 6 years agoLooks promising, but didn't work for me unfortunately. Adds a process to the download bar without any filename extension, and sometimes completes the download progress too, but no file is downloaded. I tried with https://news18.com
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13847359, 6 years agoI found this app because I was looking for a DownloadThemAll replacement, since it is no longer supported by the "new" and "improved" Firefox. It works as described, and saved me 380 clicks! The one thing I would love to see improved is the filenaming. The link on the website says "AN293: Temperature Compensated Real Time Clock Reference Design Programmer's Guide", the filename when I hover over the link is "an293.zip". Which do you think I would rather have?
DownloadThemAll solved this by allowing me to pick naming conventions.
Great job, otherwise.
- Rated 5 out of 5by BlackWinny, 6 years agoCould you make the detection not sensible to the case of the extension letters, please ? For exemple currently it detects correctly the .pdf files but not the .PDF files.
Another suggestion, less urgent, would be also to be able to reproduce the tree of the subdictories as did DownThemAll.