- Rated 5 out of 5by mecki78, 5 years agoAlways has been the best RSS Reader and still is the best. I missed it a lot when there was the WebExtension switch (being announced so early, I wonder why so many extensions got ported that late), so I had to try out Feedbro, which seems to be more popular among users, but I don't understand why, was a big disappointment when you are used to Brief. Brief is so much easier to use, simple UI, easy to navigate with mouse and with keyboard, it's fast, it's light weight (needs little memory and CPU time), it works as expected (opening an entry opens it in a tab, marks it as read and immediately wipes it from the unread view), little preferences (which is good, I don't want to waste 2 hours on configuring a RSS reader just to make it somewhat usable). I'm so glad it's back and finally I have a quick, no sorry, a "brief" overview of all the important news again, safes me maybe a hole hour a day, as I can quickly skip all the uninteresting ones, easily read the important ones and peek at those where I'm unsure if they are interesting; that's what you use a news reader for to begin with, isn't it?
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13572702, 6 years agobrief 255 plus ffox quantum 57.0.1 x64
search is not working. impossible to input anything from the keyboardSorry, this is a known limitation for now, as there's no full-text search index in the IndexedDB. It'll be back in a few versions.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13568388, 6 years agoGreat extension, thanks ! The only one who succeeded in making me forget Sage (RIP).
I'll put 5 stars when you will add a button to push an article in pocket list ;-)
What do you think ?That would be a significant amount of work and rather low priority at the moment. Sorry, but restoring search and better adapting to WebExtensions is more pressing.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13562909, 6 years agoliked it but migration to FF57 failed. In fact Brief doesn't work at all in FF57
update: thanks for getting back. changing the privacy setting did the trickBrief does work in FF57 for most cases. However, there are some known limitations and Firefox bugs. For example, Brief does not work in strict privacy modes (never save history / don't accept cookies / sanitize on exit) yet. If that's not your case, you're welcome to report the issue on the issue tracker.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Si2Bim, 6 years agovery reliable feed-reader. having using it for years now - before FF 57.
figuring out how to backup my feeds. no reaction when I export my feeds.
doesn't seems to start automatically when clicked ????
it runs after awhile - depend on good-luck... :-(This may be the database initialization delay which is a known problem for Brief.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13532323, 6 years agoWorks great, but how can I sync my feeds?Feed list sync is planned, but not implemented yet in the Quantum-compatible version.
- Rated 1 out of 5by hyper_2002, 6 years agoNot working any more on FF 60.0.1 . You can't add new feeds to Brief.Brief no longer uses Live Bookmarks as WebExtensions don't have access to them. Some way to import them will be added in the near future. If you still have a Firefox 56 profile, I'd suggest exporting the feed list in Brief there and importing in the new profile.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 10231516, 6 years agoThanks for porting this to WebExtensions. Best RSS Readers, I've been using it for years now.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13530593, 6 years agoLong time user for this extension and i'm happy that its upgraded to support FF57 ! , one issue that it seem "clear all items" button in the option not working .Clear all items not working is a known issue on Windows. A fix is planned for one of the future updates.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13526607, 6 years agolecteur permettant la prise en compte de nombreux sites avec une excellente ergonomie. Simple à mettre en oeuvre, facile à utiliser.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13519701, 6 years agoHello.
Maybe this is a bug, maybe i'm only too dumb for it. ^^
If i delete feed messages how can i get it back? Delete the whole feed and re-add does not help. Uninstall/reinstall brief - does not help.
The trash is empty.
I hope you can help me (or fix this issue).
Thanks for your answer. Can you please give me infos for the hard way? I also try a diff. (files), but not found where the changes are made.
Its fixed. :) You only have to wait until new feeds are coming and he will load the old ones again. :)Normally it's in trash after deletion and can be restored from there, unless you've emptied trash too. If you have, there's no easy way to restore it.
- Rated 4 out of 5by seeker, 6 years agoHello I like your add on very much but now I have a problem
I need to transfer the opml file to another computer. each time I try Brief tells me that this is not possible because of (invalid file format. the xml file isn't well formed). Please help
Thank you for your reply. Now I have another issue. when I check "oldest first" nothing happens. Is there a workaround to fix this.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Joe Driver, 6 years agoIt's the perfect RSS-Feedreader for me - since years! And now, with FF57, it's perfect again! Thanks for this great Addon.
edit Dec. 2018:
And now, with FF 64, it's always the best Reader!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13512145, 6 years agoGreat Add-On but has somebody else the problem that the new version (for FF57) doesn't show the last entry first? The checkbox in the options seem to do nothing - i always see the newest entry first... regards
Update: Thanks a lot - that was my problem - i was using Brief for years and have forgotten that you have to change the view - thanks again - keep up the good work
One more suggestion - add something like "Delete all unread messages" to "All entries" - in previous version the "Mark everything as read" option has put them to the recycle bin and you could delete them there - now i have to delete all the unnecessary feeds for every entry seperatlyAre you sure your view is set to unread only? This option is inactive in the other modes.
- Rated 5 out of 5by GWu, 6 years agoI'm using Brief for years now and I can really recommend it.
Big thanks to the developer for migrating this to WebExtensions and FF57+ !
- Rated 5 out of 5by Village Cat Dad, 6 years agoYay! Brief is back! Love this extension. Simple, straightforward, and works well. Had moved away from it due to it not being maintained, and used Bamboo. Had to shift to away from that because of FF57. Used FeedBro for a few days, hated it. Glad to see Brief show up in the supported FF57 extensions. Made my day!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13507218, 6 years agoI love Brief!
An extremely good extention of rss reading.
I do not really need a lot of so called various functions, but to alert me if things I\ve subscribed get updated is enough.
Recommend Brief to you if you need a rss subscriber rather than a file manager.