- by Reza, 10 days agoRated 3 out of 5for some website like creative market, when i want to open some link in creative market its always show confirmation like this "Open this site in your assigned container?" Please Fix
- by Eugene Muzychenko, 21 days agoRated 3 out of 5Due to very limited container management functionality, the add-on is almost unusable on many modern sites like Microsoft, AliExpress, eBay etc.
It is known that many sites use redirections to other [sub]domains to perform a login, to transfer the user to a payment service etc. The redirection may be performed several times, so the add-on may be unable to ask the user to establish domain-to-container correspondence. In such cases, the only way to successfully work with the site, is to remove it from the containers, and use only alone.
The solution is trivial: just to allow the user to enter/edit domain name manually, with wildcard (*) support. This would solve most problems described above. I asked about such feature some time ago, but the request was ignored.
- by Twisted Code (Phillip M.), a month agoRated 3 out of 5it does about what you would expect, though there are some serious UX issues I wouldn't have expected from an "official" plug-in. Particularly in regard to the "Always open in this container" feature. You would think after so many complaints/github-issues like #1999 (https://github.com/mozilla/multi-account-containers/issues/1999) about it being hard to undo, they would've done something. Can't in good faith rate this five stars until they fix this, but it's still a decent add-on either way.
- by Jeff, a month agoRated 3 out of 5Entièrement en français aurait été bien.
Désolé, je ne pense pas être aussi stupide qu'un autre, mais votre appli ne fonctionne pas comme vous le dites.
J'ai deux comptes FB et ça ne change rien, je peux pas me connecter simultanément à mes deux comptes, même en regardant la vidéo... rien n'y fait.
- by PcGameHunter, a month agoRated 3 out of 5Lacks essential features like container content management and many basic quality of life features.
Quickly becomes cumbersome to use, can't set wildcards, causing tons of cross-container switching in regular use.
Having to confirm new container choice on first connection is just a waste of time.
The frequency of updates is very low despite this being a great potential addition/replacement to full browser profiles.
- by Korwin, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5Отличная идея. Но есть существенный баг. При отключении дополнения и повторном его включении теряется вся информации о правилах. А у меня была забита пара сотен доменов в десяток контейнеров. Дело в том, что я из России, и здесь приходится особенно следить за своей приватностью, отделяя проправительственные сайты от прочих. И я уже не стану составлять эти списки повторно, забивать их в дополнение вручную. Мне жаль тех часов, которые я на это убил. Без оснований надеяться, что мне не придется делать это в будущем еще и еще.
- by Daniel, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5Excelente iniciativa, al principio funcionó como esperaba, pero cuando establecí un contenedor por defecto para algunos sitios web ya no podía cambiar a otro contenedor, siempre abría en el contenedor por defecto y eso no me pareció bien.
Sería bueno que mejoraran la manera de cambiar de contenedor para que sea más fácil. Pienso que donde aparece el badge con el nombre del contenedor actual se podría dar click y que aparezca la lista de contenedores para cambiar de una manera más simple.
Mientras tanto seguiré utilizando la extensión, pero me gustaría que esos aspectos puedan ser mejorados.
- by vipguy64, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5Addendum: I didn't realize briefly turning this extension off would wipe out all my containers and settings for this extension. I turned it off for a bit since my Dad might need to use my browser for a bit and I didn't want him to be hassled by my extensions. So, I wish there had been a warning about this or a way to backup my containers and settings I've created over the past few months.
Original Review: Something I never knew I needed. Lots of user-friendly options such as being able to set a website to only ever be opened in one container. This means I don't have to first open a tab in that specific container then go to that website. Also, it's handy in preventing every social media in existence from tracking me since I've put each of them in their own container. Thank you Mozilla!
- by Firefox user 13037898, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5As much as I like the feature, the plugin is buggy as hell. It sometimes forgets the tabs in a specific container for a time, then all of a sudden opens them up. Any subsequent opening of said container then doubles the tabs that were opened... The only remedy is to delete the container and recreate one. At which point we start again. For some reason this only happens on a few containers and never on others, so the plugin is still usable albeit frustrating.
- by BS, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5Great concept, but the interface is clunky and the Sync feature doesn't seem to do anything. With a more powerful configuration tool (e.g. let me supply patterns such that any matching URL will be forced into a particular container, with no confirmation dialog) it would be perfect.
- by user, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5Works great and allows extensive customization. However, if you ever disable this add-on all of your custom configurations will DISAPPEAR WITHOUT WARNING. There is no apparent ability to save your container names and configuration. Although I saw no warnings on the add-on site or reviews, a subsequent online search revealed that this is a long-time known problem. User beware!
- by Bflat, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5The option to automatically open certain containers in a new window instead of a new tab, or at least the option to open all containers in new windows instead of new tabs, would be nice. That way, if all containers were set to open in new windows, no container tabs would share the same window. The option to sort the containers would also be appreciated.
- by RiCK, 7 months agoRated 3 out of 5As far as I can tell there is no way to edit site URL structure, or use of wildcards *. There is also no way to manually sort the order of containers, which would be nice with a simple drag&drop. This extension is a good start, but still needs many improvements to features.