- Βαθμολογία 1 από 5από Χρήστης Firefox 13361995, 2 μήνες πρινЧто случилось с дополнением - оно жрёт память и проц как не в себя. Ну и плюс оценки на некоторых сайтах просто бесполезный кусок шлакоблоков. Раньше нравилось, а сейчас невозможно пользоваться - браузер еле ворочается с ним.
- Βαθμολογία 1 από 5από Χρήστης Firefox 18040293, 3 μήνες πρινA long time ago was great. Now it puts shady ads on all the websites. Eff you, WOT. I would literally pay a subscription much faster than deal with ads.
Απάντηση προγραμματιστήδημοσιεύτηκε στις 3 μήνες πρινHey, WOT is a freemium service and most of our features are offered for free. Our premium package offers advanced features such as Anti-phishing, Real-time protection and many more features to keep you protected online. We encourage you to contact us directly so we can assist in upgrading to the premium package 🙂
- Βαθμολογία 1 από 5από Philip Goddard, 4 μήνες πριν(updated 6 September 2023) On the face of it, WOT is a great idea, but it wrongly gives some completely safe, authentic and trustworthy sites a poor safety rating -- two of my own sites suffering thus at the moment. For this sort of thing it's necessary for the site owner to be able to contact WOT admin directly, and not go through the cumbersome, lengthy, and indeed unreliable business of posting in the Forum to get members to review the affected site(s), or/and jump through other hoops -- but as far as I can make out, there are no such means.
Also, crowd-sourced ratings are worse than useless for giving a proper impression of validity, authenticity and overall quality of a site's contents, with regard to any subject matter about which most people hold beliefs -- such as religion, spirituality, New-Age and related areas, and indeed so-called 'mental health' (which is based in the materialistic reductionism belief system). In all such cases, the majority, belief-driven view takes priority over the more rational, objective (observation-based) view, and what the ratings are indicating is NOT any quality of the respective site contents, but simply their popularity -- which at best isn't particularly useful, and generally is seriously misleading.
One of my own sites is impacted thus, and it's galling to see so many belief-based sites (intrinsically misinformational because belief stands in the way of seeing what's really there) getting high ratings just because the respective beliefs are popular or traditional, while my own pioneering belief-free, objectively based site has only a so-so rating despite a string of very positive reviews from people who've genuinely benefited from that site.
Extrapolating from how my own sites are being treated by WOT, it's very reasonable always to be very circumspect about WOT ratings.
**Update, 6 August 2023**
I responded to the so-called Developer response to this review, with a detailed and constructive rundown on the various problems about WOT and asking for my wrongly 'usafe' and 'suspicious' rated sites to have their ratings corrected.
These people are mindbogglinly complacent and self-serving. All I got back was their standard BS line, with clear indications that this was just a pasted standard message, and one has to conclude that the contents of my message went unread.
I've therefore decreased my rating to one star.
I've tried to give WOT reasonable benefit of doubt, but they show themselves to be right out of touch with any sense of genuine human responsibility for what they're doing. Sure, it's a service, but the question is, who it's really serving. Not decent and conscientious websites and their owners, that's for sure! -- The WOT people should be hanging their heads in shame!
- Βαθμολογία 1 από 5από Χρήστης Firefox 18002124, 4 μήνες πρινrecently a few relible and well know websites got red and orange colour for no reason. Tried to contact WOT but got two times same copy / pasted response.
- Βαθμολογία 1 από 5από Matthew Conrad, 7 μήνες πρινUsed to be a good sites reputation extension. Now filled with ads and "premium" feature. Too bad! It used to be good and simple!Hey, WOT is a freemium service and most of our features are offered for free. Our premium package offers advanced features such as Anti-phishing, Real-time protection and many more features to keep you protected online. We encourage you to contact us directly so we can assist in upgrading to the premium package 🙂
- Βαθμολογία 1 από 5από Χρήστης Firefox 17832293, 9 μήνες πρινMillionen von Nutzerdaten verkauft. Ich wundere mich, wieso dieses Addon überhaupt noch auf dem Browser Addon Markt exestiert! Schmutz, einfach weg damit!
- Βαθμολογία 3 από 5από user, 9 μήνες πρινURL check is paid. Tracker blocking is paid.
They aren't clear about paid features beforehand. Their main website mywot.com is horrible with details now.
- Βαθμολογία 2 από 5από Χρήστης Firefox 13958735, 10 μήνες πρινI have been using for years. I like having the sites rating provided for me. All the additional features are unnecessary for me given that I use other extensions. Recently I found this application was blocking sites I had otherwise whitelisted. I don't know how to easily resolve so uninstalling was quickest solution.
- Βαθμολογία 5 από 5από Χρήστης Firefox 17763019, 10 μήνες πρινУстановила расширение на ноутбук, работой довольна. Предупреждает об угрозах и безопасности сайтов. Программа ненавязчива, сообщает об угрозах в реальных случаях.